does anyone else with a.s. feel that life has been a waste?

Page 6 of 6 [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2020, 9:48 pm

Ghostofduck wrote:
DorkyNerd wrote:
This is not "extreme."

This is common sense. You'd want your child to have no social life? No real friends, no SO, bad relationships with family?

He will be at the bottom of the pecking order in high school. He'll be bullied, isolated and lonely. Kids will snitch on him to the teacher to make trouble for him. They'll be rude to him and ignore him. Play nasty tricks on him. He will never get invited to parties. He'll be humiliated and rejected a lot in life. He will assume people like him and not realize that they are just being polite to him.

If he does find a woman, she'll be either a con artist or completely mentally ill or autistic herself- or all three at once!!

If he gets really lucky he can ruin his 20s and most off himself to try to build a business someone cons him into, get friends who are cons and mentally ill with drug issues and like to be abusive, then add a girlfriend who's all three(trying to figure her out was where I finally started to understand me) and get well and truly utterly f****d. But yeah, I kinda relate. So did my mum a lot of the time. It gets easier to realize you're a regret with time though. Lol.

Yes can easily understand the disillusionment....and recognize it as well.
In reality you prolly did best , possibly could expect under the circumstances.
Rest assured that most of the stuff outside you , is just that !
And not knowing why... it is what it is , and as it appears to me. It's the worlds messed up issues.. And you cannot be responsible for all the rest of them ..
( just you)

where ever you go ,there you are

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2020, 10:35 am

Due to the recent events beyond my control, all of the things I've worked on for the past five years have been completely destroyed. I don't know how much, if anything, I'll get back and for how long I'll be out of commission. I don't feel my life has been completely wasted, however, because I have made a lot of friends and they check up on me to see how I'm doing and to give me updates on future events.

I am 55 but, in terms of life experience, I'm probably closer to my early 20s. My progress has taken a lurch backwards.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2020, 5:29 pm

IstominFan wrote:
Due to the recent events beyond my control, all of the things I've worked on for the past five years have been completely destroyed. I don't know how much, if anything, I'll get back and for how long I'll be out of commission. I don't feel my life has been completely wasted, however, because I have made a lot of friends and they check up on me to see how I'm doing and to give me updates on future events.

I am 55 but, in terms of life experience, I'm probably closer to my early 20s. My progress has taken a lurch backwards.

Sorry

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2020, 5:49 pm

IstominFan wrote:

sorry to hear of your situation. think can relate....maybe even more than once.
hang in there please.

where ever you go ,there you are

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2020, 6:10 pm

As we become older and wiser, it's possible to become increasingly indifferent. We even find-out to reassess our strengths in order to deal with at least some of our weaknesses. Best of all, such wisdom is quite productive, and might just triumph over those notions of waste!

Romofan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2020, 6:29 pm

I finally figured out the proper cocktail o' meds to give me what passes for an ordinary mind when I was 50.
I felt great for a few hours, then got depressed as hell. All of the missed opportunities, all of the squandered time. I survived the first 50 years of my life, barely held on.

Now I'm "better" when I am fifty, fat, grey haired, and used to being weird?

Its like a joke was played on me.