Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2019, 6:47 pm

I really like sunflowers and night sky petunias.

8O Mesmerising.

Do you have a favourite type of flower? I know that it's not exactly deep philosophical conversation, but hey, it doesn't always have to be. :lol:

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2019, 7:05 pm

I'm eagerly anticipating the bluebells. When the little pockets of woodland around here are carpeted with them, they are so beautiful, and it's my favourite flower scent of all. They're just about ready now, and we're due a few days of rain followed by glorious sunshine, so I'm getting all excited!

(Pretty image - but I have never seen a photograph that does justice to the colour of bluebells.)

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2019, 7:50 pm

The bluebells are blooming in my yard, along with the lilacs and wisteria. I guess my yard is in its "blue phase."

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2019, 9:03 pm

I have two types of blue bells.Spanish,which are larger and have no scent and supposedly English ones,smaller and daintier,but they have no scent.Very disappointing.I think the bulb company lied.
Right now my heirloom roses are blooming so at this moment they are my favorite.The mock orange smells wonderful right now and the bearded iris are just coming on.The wisteria is finished but was great this year, mine is white.
That night sky petunia is amazing,never seen one before.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2019, 8:16 am

The Azaleas and one of the Rhododendrons is is bloom this morning.