Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

breaks0
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 May 2019, 12:46 am

nick007 wrote:
rhoades24 wrote:
You gave a great answer and some advice! : ) You gave good info on your own experience and progression with dating and revealed your own strategy of finding dates, such as pming women on forums. That's an interesting way to go about it.

Second relationship of yours is also interesting! Sort of feeling you were the guinea pig in her disability studies! Yet, she also was diagnosed. If family gets involved then it's probably too much conflict and not worth the pursuit, but that's my opinion.

I thought about mail order brides in the future. Heard one can get scammed and in a cruel way; if the bride decides to divorce the man and argue that she does not have any means to provide for herself, then there is some law that could potentially force the man to pay support to her for like 10 years. Idk if it's a real law, but heard it from people I talked to on reddit.

I try not to bring mail brides up anymore as most people get angered by the post and call me a sex trafficker, which could be seen in that way. I once posted on dating subreddit where I stated it seemed like only good looks and money would be the deal maker for a relationship. Was called sexist. I mostly just went by what I see in my daily life. BTW I live in NYC! Money is big here for both men and women so my worldview on dating is tunneled a little bit.

Maybe luck is the way it happens. Some people are destined (randomly so) to find their other half. Others are not!
Thanx. I hope it helps you & others in some way.

I can understand family having some involvement but not being alone together until we're married was abit much. She then asked them what if we were married(I would of in a heartbeat) & they would of cut her off financially. I felt our our relationship had been kinda one-sided for a while cuz or that & other issues. I thought part of it was cuz she was in collage & cuz of the age difference. I didn't wanna take advantage or anything. I was thinking things would improve if we were married. There were other issues too but I shouldn't go into em all. I don't regret the relationship & I still love her just as I still love my 1st but I accept we're better off not in each other's lives.

I heard of scams when I posted about it too. She would most likely lose her green-card thou so it seems like a hassle to go through just to get alimony, especially if the guy doesn't have a high income.

I also posted about how I would of preferred an arranged marriage instead of our current system of dating. I've met some people online & off who had arranged marriages & I've known some people online & off who went the mail-order bride route. All the offline 1s had good success(not that I've met many thou) whereas some of the people got screwed online but people can get screwed meeting romantic partners other ways too. I was never called sex-trafficker but I also posted a lot about how I'm demisexual; I'm not interested in sex outside of a serious romantic realtionship & I do like it OK but don't need it in a romantic realtionship either. It seems like lots of people get together by hooking up & just having sexual flings which I would NOT be into. It does seem like looks & money are big factors for some, more so the money. I've also seen lots of women offline going for older guys, like women who are in their early 20s or older teens going for guys in their 30s. I don't mind the idea of being with younger women & done it with both my exes. I don't relate to older women & an older woman was more likely to treat me like I was her kid. I didn't want kids either thou which older women were more likely to have. I've been called misogynist for some of my more frustrated posts. I didn't just suddenly have my views. I gradually developed them by being single & trying for 8 years. Running in place & seeing others having no problems at all getting women made me question what might of worked for them.

I also think luck is a big part of it for some people.

I'm not a fan of arranged marriages, but whatever. If you're interested one part of the world where that's still the usual type of marriage is South Asia (India, etc.). You can look up more on it if you want.