Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2019, 4:36 pm

I am trying to remember... I seem to remember the sound being a bit distorted but not much. Very slightly.

Ummm. I am concerned now. Where I thought I had the odd one or two symptoms of being on the spectrum, I am finding I have a little more then I expected. It is a concern.. I mean. Not actually sure what I mean at the moment. Maybe as I only get this symptom rarely that I am not.

I really thank you for being honest and describing what you get. It is helping me understand things.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2019, 5:08 pm

Another question. (Sorry for all the questions!) Can you get a similar thing but with eyesight?

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2019, 6:59 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
Another question. (Sorry for all the questions!) Can you get a similar thing but with eyesight?

That sounds just like an eyesight thing to me.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2019, 10:08 am

I only get it if I go deep into an energy loss situation. (It is hard to describe it... I call it energy loss as my body suddenly goes weak and everything is a big effort. All I can do is to lie down somewhere out of the way to recover, and if I find something like chocolate or cola it quickens the recovery. It doesn't usually last long. Anything from a few minutes to twenty minutes). The eyesight thing only lasts a few seconds if I have it, which is very rare. Is only if I force myself to do things when my body says "No" that I get it.

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2019, 3:19 pm

Auditory processing disorder is often associated with autism or ADHD, but a person could have it alone. Anyone over 8 can be assessed for this by an audiologist.

There are other sensory processing disorders that are the same-often associated with people who are not neurotypical in some way, but the condition can stand alone.

People with migraines can have sensory processing issues before or during a migraine, for example. If you have sleep deprivation you could have temporary sensory processing issues.

There are a lot of YouTube videos about the different types.

I suspect my five year old has auditory processing. He mishears words (tree? Did you say tree? Or free? Or three?) regardless of context. He’ll clutch his ears with certain loud noises, like the vacuum, a baby crying, or an alarm, but he loves loud music or a loud tweet or surprised yelp. It’s like the sound gets lost in his brain. His hearing was tested and is normal. We’ve already exhausted our resources for his age. He’ll have to be older for us to find out what it is.