Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Near the trees and fields on a hill near the sea not far from beaches, harbours and castles on the Welsh coastline in the British Isles in the U.K. You know, that place next to Europe?.

17 May 2019, 10:48 am

Aww, thank you Teach51. I don't know what I am. Something different! Haha. Anglesea. I have been there. I really like the Porthmadog area. I call it my second home. Is Wales a long way from where you are? I am in the south part of Wales. From up here (Which is a hill next to the coast) I can see the Prescelly Mountain, Tenby, Caldey Island, Lundy Island and the English Coast and the Gower is just over the sea from here. I can see three castles from here. Weobly Castle, Laugharne Castle and Kidwelly Castle. We can almost see Llanstephan Castle but it is tucked round the corner a little.
It is nice in Wales. I get on edge when I am outside Wales though. As long as I avoid the south east of Wales, I am quite happy to drive around all the rest of Wales, or most of it. Traffic jams panic me a little. There was one today due to an accident. Fortunately we were able to veer off down some country lanes to avoid queueing up. I get a panicky claustrophobic feeling in a traffic jam. Fortunately in Wales these are rare. I hope no one was hurt in the accident though.

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2019, 4:21 pm

:D Yes I live far from Wales, I live in the Middle East. Wales is beautiful and the Welsh are good, kind people.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Near the trees and fields on a hill near the sea not far from beaches, harbours and castles on the Welsh coastline in the British Isles in the U.K. You know, that place next to Europe?.

17 May 2019, 4:47 pm

My youngest brother has been in a few countries in the Middle East. His wife is from the Far East. The only time I have been overseas is to Caldey Island. (Near Tenby). I have been into England a few times and Scotland once. I find I feel a little on edge when I go far out of Wales, though the south west of England wasn't too bad. For some reason I am so relieved to cross back into Wales. I feel safe. Yet I often travel to most parts of Wales. I have a lovely car now which is cheap to run, so I can drive around again. :)

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2019, 8:43 pm

The word "loser" is an oversimplification

Everyone wins some things and loses others

Sometimes it is not to your credit that you won something

Beyond your control