Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2019, 10:48 am

Aww, thank you Teach51. I don't know what I am. Something different! Haha. Anglesea. I have been there. I really like the Porthmadog area. I call it my second home. Is Wales a long way from where you are? I am in the south part of Wales. From up here (Which is a hill next to the coast) I can see the Prescelly Mountain, Tenby, Caldey Island, Lundy Island and the English Coast and the Gower is just over the sea from here. I can see three castles from here. Weobly Castle, Laugharne Castle and Kidwelly Castle. We can almost see Llanstephan Castle but it is tucked round the corner a little.
It is nice in Wales. I get on edge when I am outside Wales though. As long as I avoid the south east of Wales, I am quite happy to drive around all the rest of Wales, or most of it. Traffic jams panic me a little. There was one today due to an accident. Fortunately we were able to veer off down some country lanes to avoid queueing up. I get a panicky claustrophobic feeling in a traffic jam. Fortunately in Wales these are rare. I hope no one was hurt in the accident though.

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2019, 4:21 pm

:D Yes I live far from Wales, I live in the Middle East. Wales is beautiful and the Welsh are good, kind people.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2019, 4:47 pm

My youngest brother has been in a few countries in the Middle East. His wife is from the Far East. The only time I have been overseas is to Caldey Island. (Near Tenby). I have been into England a few times and Scotland once. I find I feel a little on edge when I go far out of Wales, though the south west of England wasn't too bad. For some reason I am so relieved to cross back into Wales. I feel safe. Yet I often travel to most parts of Wales. I have a lovely car now which is cheap to run, so I can drive around again. :)

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2019, 8:43 pm

The word "loser" is an oversimplification

Everyone wins some things and loses others

Sometimes it is not to your credit that you won something

Beyond your control