Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Charlottewatts
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 May 2019, 5:55 pm

Hello
My younger brother has aspergers ( i say younger.. he is now 32) ive struggled to understand what life and the world is like for him and id like to understand more. He fi ds it difficult to speak about how he feels so i thought id reach out here...

Im an art director who works on concepts for photoshoots and i want to work up a concept that visualises what life looks and feels like from the point of view of someone with autism. I think it will not only help me understand my bro but perhaps help visualise it for other people too, im sure there are other aspies like my bro that find it difficult to put into words but also family members that want to understand about their lived ones.

If anyone can help me by describing and sensory differences, common difficulties but also positives of being autistic it would be so helpful ( this could be general or very specific)

Thanks x

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2019, 6:52 pm

As they say "if have met one autistic, you have met one autistic"

The best way is through the works and words of Autistic artists
The Art Of Autism - Gallary
The Art Of Autism - #ActuallyAutisticsPoets
The Art Of Autism - #ActuallyAutisticBloggers
The site has more

Ask an Autistic Youtube series by Amythest Schaber

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 11:48 am

Maybe you would like to begin by describing your brother and the difficulties he is experiencing. We might be able to provide you some clarity.