I'm more afraid of the left than the right in the US

Page 6 of 14 [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2019, 7:45 am

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:

Meaning "parent".
Presumably, the other one is working, if there is an "another one".

You seem to be side-stepping MrLucky's point that: In the community, there are able-bodied people who are in a position to work but choose to live off the sweat of taxpayers.
"The beach is so seductive." <chuckle>
I don't know how to quantify these social parasites.
But I have known a few personally.

Parent or parents, they are raising children, and it's an outrage they are called parasites because their children come first.

Are you saying I am calling parents social parasites?
If so, you need a serious crash course in comprehension.
Please clarify your position, sir. 8O

<defcon 2 initiated>

He’s saying the typical Republican, ultra-conservative folks are calling those parents parasites because the typical, ultra-conservative Republican folks feel that EVERYONE, disabled or no, single or otherwise, must work until they drop dead, then get back up and start working again until they drop dead, again! Lather, Rinse, Repeat. The poor must not stop making more money for the rich, lest they be considered slackers and thieves. Remember, to most ultra conservatives, taxation is theft, and being poor, or disabled, even when you have paid into the system all your working life, is akin to being a thief. (I ought to know. Being on SSDI, receiving the princely sum of $15.00 US in food stamps and Medicaid (which pays my Medicare Part B premiums) every month, i’m a huge target for these people. I’ve been told by my own brothers that i’m A thief, because I collect benefits because of bipolar I, PTSD, ASD, type Ii diabetes, hypertension, and carpal tunnel syndrome. To them, there is no such thing as mental illness. To them, mental illness is an excuse to be a lazy, no-good for nothing sonofab!tch who deserves nothing but to rot to death in prison.)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2019, 8:02 am

Meistersinger wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:

Meaning "parent".

You seem to be side-stepping MrLucky's point that: In the community, there are able-bodied people who are in a position to work but choose to live off the sweat of taxpayers.

Parent or parents, they are raising children, and it's an outrage they are called parasites because their children come first.

<defcon 2 initiated>

He’s saying the typical Republican, ultra-conservative folks are calling those parents parasites because the typical, ultra-conservative Republican folks feel that EVERYONE, disabled or no, single or otherwise, must work until they drop dead, then get back up and start working again until they drop dead, again! Lather, Rinse, Repeat. The poor must not stop making more money for the rich, lest they be considered slackers and thieves. Remember, to most ultra conservatives, taxation is theft, and being poor, or disabled, even when you have paid into the system all your working life, is akin to being a thief. (I ought to know. Being on SSDI, receiving the princely sum of $15.00 US in food stamps and Medicaid (which pays my Medicare Part B premiums) every month, i’m a huge target for these people. I’ve been told by my own brothers that i’m A thief, because I collect benefits because of bipolar I, PTSD, ASD, type Ii diabetes, hypertension, and carpal tunnel syndrome. To them, there is no such thing as mental illness. To them, mental illness is an excuse to be a lazy, no-good for nothing sonofab!tch who deserves nothing but to rot to death in prison.)

God, America sounds like a bloody awful place in some ways.
I hope Australia doesn't end up that way.
We seem to be living in paradise over here in comparison.
<sympathies>

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2019, 9:43 am

auntblabby wrote:
i can tell you haven't lately priced any individual market plans, esp. for those over 50- cheapest plans available in my neck of the woods easily exceed $8k/year, and these are bare-bones plans with $7k+ deductibles. that may not sound like much moolah to the comfortably secure middle-class but it is more than most working-class people can scratch together in any amount of time remaining.

About the same here, 7k to 8k is what I could expect to pay just for Health Insurance. If I were to retire today, 12k would cover everything else I need or want these days.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2019, 1:57 pm

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:

Meaning "parent".

<defcon 2 initiated>

No, I am not. Like Meistersinger said, I'm talking in general about heartless conservatives who want the needy to die.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2019, 1:58 pm

Meistersinger wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:

Meaning "parent".

<defcon 2 initiated>

Danke for the defensive move, mein freund. 8)

MrLucky
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 May 2019, 5:02 pm

Meistersinger wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:

Meaning "parent".

<defcon 2 initiated>

I'm not saying ALL who are on welfare, the dole, whatever you want to call it are parasites. There ARE people out there that cannot work or are limited due to many health issues and mental issues. I have no problems with society supporting people who cannot do it on their own. There are others out there who need some guidance into finding out what talents they have and to be trained to sharpen them to be able to work at a good job. Again, I have no problem with society helping out. I'm just talking about that there is always a certain number who are able bodied who are content to to on welfare because they don't know any better because it is all they know if their parents and grandparents were on the system. They need to be helped to find what skills they have and to train them to work. Then there are some who are just lazy, I hate to say it but you always have those that just want a free ride. Taxation, yes, we do need taxes, first to fund the functions of the Federal Government within Constitution bounds and for the States to cover the rest.

I have a heart but I do realize that there are limitation that society can do, charity can do and so forth, the driving spark does have to come from within the individual himself. It's like being an alcoholic, the first person to help themselves and realize they need to go to help is themselves.

I don't make a lot myself and I'm between jobs and looking so it has been hard on me, but all over the Earth, despite the problems we do have, I'm glad to live in the U.S. We all have to remember that here in the U.S., in theory, we are given a CHANCE to succeed, but positive outcome is not always guaranteed, then again, life has no guarantees. Other nations have other systems and it is up to them and their people to decide.

I keep thinking of the old 1973 record by John Wayne, "America, Why I Love Here" on his monologue, "Face the Flag." I do remember one quote: "But responsibility...that's the cross that free men must bear,
And if you don't accept that, the freedom isn't there."

We have our warts and problems and we can do better to help those that need it, but we need not throw the baby out with the bathwater. I'm just pointing out the reality and the mathematics where in a nation as large as ours, the government cannot take care of everyone or at least it should pass it off to the States or locals to take care of things. Also, people need to be more responsible and accountable for their actions, again, unless there is a medical or mental issue in the way.

I'm not heartless,I want everyone to succeed and have a good life but the way the world is, there is work involved to do that. For the record, I'm not pointing to anybody on any group here, I'm just talking about things in the general abstract. I'm sure many here do need help from society and I do not object to that at all and many times, they need more help. We just need to find things that work better.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2019, 6:47 pm

MrLucky wrote:
[
I keep thinking of the old 1973 record by John Wayne, "America, Why I Love Here" on his monologue, "Face the Flag." I do remember one quote: "But responsibility...that's the cross that free men must bear,
And if you don't accept that, the freedom isn't there."

That would be "Face the Flag"

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2019, 7:51 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:

Meaning "parent".

<defcon 2 initiated>

No, I am not. Like Meistersinger said, I'm talking in general about heartless conservatives who want the needy to die.

Good to hear.
I had just used the term "social parasites" before you posted and thought you were directing that comment at me.

<de-escalation of hostilities in progress>
<defcon 5 initiated>
<set the doomsday clock back 5 seconds> :mrgreen:

P.S.
I'm not: "a heartless conservative".
My mother had me tested. :mrgreen:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2019, 10:09 pm

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:

Meaning "parent".

<defcon 2 initiated>

Good to hear.
I had just used the term "social parasites" before you posted and thought you were directing that comment at me.

<de-escalation of hostilities in progress>
<defcon 5 initiated>
<set the doomsday clock back 5 seconds> :mrgreen:

P.S.
I'm not: "a heartless conservative".
My mother had me tested. :mrgreen:

I know she did. 8)

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2019, 3:15 am

The crazy green new deal?

Its not crazy, climate change is a literal threat right now, and that is barely a first step at addressing it. If anything its not good enough. I mean I have my doubts about the democratic party to, but my doubts are on the basis they will give in and serve Big Oil and Fossil fuel just as much as this current Trump GOP or at least they wont actually do anything to stand up to the industry.

The weather is bloody insane, its supposed to be summer and it just snowed last night, tornadoes and floods all over texas, oklahoma ect. The consequences of human contribution to climate change are already happening that is the issue the world needs to focus on...we don't need wars amongst ourselves we need to address the climate change that they have known about since the 1970's and downplayed it.

Seems the democrats are the most likely to commit any semblance of action on the consideration of the environment, but their base 'the left' will have to hold them to it...they cannot totally trusted, people have to hold them to it..but at least then there is a chance. The current republicans have no regard whatsoever for anything to do with environmental preservation and actively act against it.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2019, 3:36 am

And why was the president having a rally in pennsylvania while life threatening weather was hitting the southern midwest or whatever region contains texas and oklahoma. Did he even have anything to say about that? Hes just a sad disgrace i don't think the democrats are much better but just seems the lesser evil at this point.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2019, 3:53 am

the greater evil are a mortal threat to my continued well being.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2019, 4:17 am

auntblabby wrote:

Well trump is f*cking traitor so he can f*ck right off. He cares more for his pocket and influence than he cares about any american citizens.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2019, 5:54 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Well trump is f*cking traitor so he can f*ck right off. He cares more for his pocket and influence than he cares about any american citizens.

you're preaching right to the choir here. :thumleft: :thumright: i was saying his ilk and fellow fifth columnists were the greater evil.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2019, 5:34 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
The crazy green new deal?

Its not crazy, climate change is a literal threat right now, and that is barely a first step at addressing it. If anything its not good enough. I mean I have my doubts about the democratic party to, but my doubts are on the basis they will give in and serve Big Oil and Fossil fuel just as much as this current Trump GOP or at least they wont actually do anything to stand up to the industry.

The weather is bloody insane, its supposed to be summer and it just snowed last night, tornadoes and floods all over texas, oklahoma ect. The consequences of human contribution to climate change are already happening that is the issue the world needs to focus on...we don't need wars amongst ourselves we need to address the climate change that they have known about since the 1970's and downplayed it.

Seems the democrats are the most likely to commit any semblance of action on the consideration of the environment, but their base 'the left' will have to hold them to it...they cannot totally trusted, people have to hold them to it..but at least then there is a chance. The current republicans have no regard whatsoever for anything to do with environmental preservation and actively act against it.

Are you going to go help genocide all the farm animals?
Stop eating meat stop smoking weed. Sorry no fertilizer to grow it.
No more planes, you going volunteer to build the rail bridge over the ocean to Hawaii?
She’s crazy and her green deal is crazy and impossible just a s picture of Ronald regan riding a raptor shooting a machine gun.

You’ll have to kill me before I give up meat, cars planes, electricity and all the things it powers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2019, 5:37 pm

It's not unusual for it to snow in Colorado in May.