Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

eepstein
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 May 2019, 8:49 pm

I feel like I scare people away because I am screaming for help. If they seem even halfway interested in what's wrong with me, I serve them a 4 page essay of everything that sucks.

I just want someone to care so much about how I'm feeling that they ask me questions. Specific questions, and they don't stop until they completely understand.

But it's okay, I get it. It's not that they don't care, it's that they don't know what to ask. And honestly even when they do I have a hard time answering those questions.

I just want someone to know what to ask, and never stop asking. Cause I still might not be able to answer with the flat truth. Only because I'm not always sure. But I just want someone to keep asking until they get it.

eepstein
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 May 2019, 8:51 pm

Really, I just want someone who will keep talking to me. Even though I know I'm not that positive, or fun to talk to.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2019, 9:13 pm

Do you need help because you're lonely? Do you reciprocate interest? Is it a one sided conversation?

eepstein
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 May 2019, 9:51 pm

I guess yeah. I'm lonely. I have people around me, but it also feels like the people around me dont really want to be around me. Friend wise.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2019, 9:58 pm

eepstein wrote:
I guess yeah. I'm lonely. I have people around me, but it also feels like the people around me dont really want to be around me. Friend wise.

Is it a one sided conversation with these friends?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2019, 10:11 pm

eepstein wrote:
Really, I just want someone who will keep talking to me. Even though I know I'm not that positive, or fun to talk to.

give us a chance. we will listen.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2019, 10:16 pm

I am mostly interested in how you interact with these friends. Would I be correct in saying you are having difficulty keeping their interest?

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2019, 10:46 pm

Perhaps I am asking the wrong questions. What do you feel like you need help with specifically?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2019, 10:56 pm

i think OP just wanted to vent and had inchoate wonderings.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2019, 1:02 am

auntblabby wrote:

Perhaps, but if she wants help, I want to help if I am able. I think she just wants someone that can connect on a deeper level that knows her. That's the sort of thing that takes time to build a rapport with someone and perhaps she is struggling to find someone to do that with because there is a communication breakdown that limits how much interest people are showing her. I think she is yearning for a close friend.

That is all just speculation of course.

Maybe you are correct and she just wants a good listener.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2019, 1:04 am

blackicmenace wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Perhaps, but if she wants help, I want to help if I am able. I think she just wants someone that can connect on a deeper level that knows her. That's the sort of thing that takes time to build a rapport with someone and perhaps she is struggling to find someone to do that with because there is a communication breakdown that limits how much interest people are showing her. I think she is yearning for a close friend. That is all just speculation of course. Maybe you are correct and she just wants a good listener.

it has been my experience that 90% of the time, people just want to be heard.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2019, 1:19 am

auntblabby wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Perhaps, but if she wants help, I want to help if I am able. I think she just wants someone that can connect on a deeper level that knows her. That's the sort of thing that takes time to build a rapport with someone and perhaps she is struggling to find someone to do that with because there is a communication breakdown that limits how much interest people are showing her. I think she is yearning for a close friend. That is all just speculation of course. Maybe you are correct and she just wants a good listener.

To me it sounds like she is seeking understanding, something that she, herself, is confused about and is having trouble pinpointing.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2019, 1:21 am

blackicmenace wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

To me it sounds like she is seeking understanding, something that she, herself, is confused about and is having trouble pinpointing.

compounded by shyness, it prolly took a lot of her energy just to post what she did.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2019, 1:32 am

Well auntblabby, I don't know about you, but I am a very patient person in most situations. Have a good night and take care of yourself. May you dream about the most magnificently smooth riding automobile of your choosing.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2019, 1:33 am

blackicmenace wrote:
Well auntblabby, I don't know about you, but I am a very patient person in most situations. Have a good night and take care of yourself. May you dream about the most magnificently smooth riding automobile of your choosing.

thank you and you sleep well and dream sweetly as well :flower: you know what i like! :lol: