Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

MSBKyle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 May 2019, 11:37 am

Food is the only thing that gives me any comfort or joy. I eat when I'm bored or stressed. There isn't that much excitement in my life, so I turn to food. I eat a lot of fast food and sweets. I went to the doctor last month for a physical and I have been told that I need to start watching what I'm eating because I don't have good cholesterol. My cholesterol is not yet at a point where I need medication, but I will possibly need medication for it if I don't turn my eating around. Lately, I've been having shortness of breathe, numbness in my left arm, and an increased heart rate. I don't know what any of it means. I'm too young to be having health issues because of my eating. I don't think I can change my eating. I don't know how to cook. I only know how to cook something frozen, but not from scratch. Despite all of the crap that I eat, I am surprisingly at a normal weight. I do exercise and I take multivitamin supplements. There are heart problems that run in my family. My grandma and uncle both have had heart transplants and my cousin has had open heart surgery. I don't have good genes in my family, so I guess that doesn't help.

SecretOpossumCabal
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 May 2019, 2:45 pm

Quote:
Food is the only thing that gives me any comfort or joy.

Well right off the bat you identified your problem.

Pick up some hobbies, play music, write, poetry, woodworking? gardening? etc.

Everytime your brain decides "alright time to reward myself with some junk food" you're supposed to replace the junk food with something producitive as to place the dopamine in a healthy spot.

But this is a real struggle at first, like trying to come off any addiction, there is going to be a struggle and the brain is going to throw a fit, making it very difficult and it might seem impossible, but you have to work it like a muscle, weak at first but with time you grow in resolve.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

18 May 2019, 8:59 pm

I'm in the same position you are Kyle. I cant cook much & I love fast food & junk food. My girlfriend does cook some but I don't eat a lot of variety. I started binge eating a few years ago & I gained alot of weight. My cholesterol & blood sugar got pretty high. Last time I got blood work done my doc said she almost never puts people my age on cholesterol lowering meds but she might have to put me on one. I'm also pre-diabetic. I really need to stop the binge eating & exercise more & my doc agrees. I'm also trying to cut down on my sugar/sweets. The weather is starting to get nicer so if I could start pushing myself to go walking more & use some dumbbells that we have, I could probably push myself to quit binging as much & start losing abit of weight. I started eating canned vegetables more already thou.
Perhaps you could eat more veggies that you don't have to cook; the canned 1s can be heated in the microwave & so can potatoes & ears of corn. You might could cut down on eating junk if you were to start eating healthier stuff more. You could also try exercising alittle more. Some cholesterol lowering supplements might help too like Garlique & Niacin; they didn't seem to help me much but might help you if your exercising. Do alittle research 1st. I do take a multi-vitamin & some other supplements & hope their helping something with my health.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

enz
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2019, 10:52 pm

I'd recommend you go to a nutritionist and try and find food that make you feel good but aren't going to raise your cholesterol