Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

TazCrystal
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 May 2019, 2:59 pm

I graduated from school when I was 18 and I felt relieved to be leaving tbh. School gave me a lot of anxiety. During the school year I would feel extremely stressed and frustrated. Also by the time that I was in grade 12 . I have a feeling I was in some of the wrong classes for my abilities . I was in classes that had presentations as the final project. I managed to do them but they were hard. I presented only in front of the teacher

I was in special education all throughout elementary school. I had behavioral issues that made it hard to be in a regular classroom. In high school I was in regular classes with extra assistance. It took me longer to learn concepts. I spent longer times doing certain units in math. I also had behavioral and communication issues. I have a hard time getting my words out. I would get stressed and frustrated trying to communicate my ideas to teachers. I hated having to ask to go to the bathroom too.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

26 May 2019, 3:35 am

I know what you mean. I struggled in skewl aLOT due to dyslexia & related learning disabilities. I went to a skewl for dyslexia from middle of 6th through 8th grade. It didn't do high-skewl thou. I had resource accommodations in my high-skewl. I was bullied alot before I went to the skewl for dyslexia. Skewl stressed me out alot & all I wanted to do when I got home was relax & having homework to do stressed me out more. I took the easiest corses I could in high-skewl. The only plan I had for after high-skewl was that I did NOT want to go to college. I never regretted that decision.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition