Things You’ve Learned About Dating Through Experience

Page 4 of 6 [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2019, 3:54 pm

Ha ha... no pressure.

Speaking of flying.

I've got a friend who is trying to set me up with a friend of hers. We need to both fly to the same location and meet. I dunno if I'm gonna go. He's going anyway. It's a holiday they already had planned.

I should go. It would be fun just to somewhere new regardless of him.

I'm not outta options just yet.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2019, 3:57 pm

You might as well fly.

Even if you don't hit it off, you can take in the sights of the area where you're flying to.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2019, 4:00 pm

hurtloam wrote:
Ha ha... no pressure.

Speaking of flying.

I've got a friend who is trying to set me up with a friend of hers. We need to both fly to the same location and meet. I dunno if I'm gonna go. He's going anyway. It's a holiday they already had planned.

I should go. It would be fun just to somewhere new regardless of him.

I'm not outta options just yet.

You probably should go and see what happens.

I always get nervous when it comes to meeting new people. I need to push myself more.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2019, 4:02 pm

I've had muses in the past. I haven't written in a long time, though.

But I believe, should I feel an impending desire to write, that I can conjure up someone.

I've had some really sad experiences that I've learned from.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2019, 4:06 pm

I wouldn't say I'm a person with any great "literary talent."

But....it's possible, if I become sufficiently frustrated with my lot....that I will feel a desire to "let it out." Some of this would involve making use of muses as inspiration.

Perhaps, whatever latent "talent" I possess will emerge through this medium.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2019, 4:11 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I wouldn't say I'm a person with any great "literary talent."

But....it's possible, if I become sufficiently frustrated with my lot....that I will feel a desire to "let it out." Some of this would involve making use of muses as inspiration.

Perhaps, whatever latent "talent" I possess will emerge through this medium.

Do you think that a fulfilling love life would inhibit one’s literary proclivities?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2019, 4:16 pm

Sometimes, to be honest, I believe it does.

When I'm happy and without discord, my writing really sucks. It acquires a sort of idealistic, maudlin sort of quality.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2019, 4:18 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Sometimes, to be honest, I believe it does.

When I'm happy and without discord, my writing really sucks. It acquires a sort of idealistic, maudlin sort of quality.

Which state is preferable then?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2019, 5:37 pm

hurtloam wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
Antrax wrote:
Relationships aren't all they're cracked up to be. Don't date someone for the sake of being in one.

What was the difficulty with it if you don't mind my asking?

I’ve known some people who ended up in lousy relationships just because they wanted a relationship so bad. It’s sad when it happens.

Honest truth, I'm wondering what's so bad about being with me that one would prefer to be alone... or rather the thought of being with me because we didn't get far before this man backed out. I'm clutching at straws. It was a pretty selfish question on my part.

In my case I know all too why they’d prefer to be single and sad then be with me. Sucks and I think it’s stupid reasons but cant change it.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2019, 6:03 pm

Just be yourself. I mean... Put it this way. (This is my advice here based on my own life and my feelings). Lets say I do something to impress which is just not me and I impress a lady. I would then have to do this every time or I will not be who the lady thinks I am. It is by far better not to do things you would not normally do and if she likes you as you are then she is a gem. If she does not then she is either immature (People can be immature at any age) or she is just not the right one to date.
When I am nurvous I say some rather silly things in humour to cover up the nurves. It is what I call a default setting. Now though I am hiding behind my humour, I am not saying that I am trying to be something I am not. For example, I know a man who used to convert his weekly pay i to two £50 notes and then carefully cut out manysheets of newspaper to stick between the £50 notes in his walled so it would look as if he was rich. Now that is a stupid idea as the lady will expect you live like that. What happens when you run out of money? And can you imaging keeping up the pretense and marrying her?

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2019, 11:19 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
Antrax wrote:
Relationships aren't all they're cracked up to be. Don't date someone for the sake of being in one.

I’ve known some people who ended up in lousy relationships just because they wanted a relationship so bad. It’s sad when it happens.

However, relationships can be really great and if you never date or meet other people then the chance of finding a good relationship is zero. Someone amazing for you is out there and it's your job to find him/her.

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2019, 11:30 pm

hurtloam wrote:
Antrax wrote:

She didn't like me, but liked having a stable boyfriend. Eventually the strain of that caused me to break it off. Sometimes when I feel especially lonely I regret it. Most of the time I regret not breaking it off earlier.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2019, 6:45 am

314pe wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
Antrax wrote:

However, relationships can be really great and if you never date or meet other people then the chance of finding a good relationship is zero. Someone amazing for you is out there and it's your job to find him/her.

I wasn’t implying otherwise.

I was just stating that it’s not a good idea to want a relationship so bad that one settles on someone who is subpar.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2019, 2:36 pm

Sorry if this is too explicit.

But when your 'boyfriend' takes you to the store in the rain, parks out in the parking lot not even near the door at all...and sends you in alone to go buy the condoms. Maybe end it right there stop having sex with him and sucking his d*ck, to save yourself the ghosting that is likely to soon follow once he's through with you.

That was years ago, but still I can't believe I didn't see it right then and there and just stop seeing him right then.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2019, 2:51 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:

But when your 'boyfriend' takes you to the store in the rain, parks out in the parking lot not even near the door at all...and sends you in alone to go buy the condoms. Maybe end it right there stop having sex with him and sucking his d*ck, to save yourself the ghosting that is likely to soon follow once he's through with you.

That was years ago, but still I can't believe I didn't see it right then and there and just stop seeing him right then.

Sounds horrible he could at least dropped you off at the door
Did humor help?

Seriously that’s f****d up. Sorry that happen

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2019, 3:14 pm

sly279 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Sounds horrible he could at least dropped you off at the door
Did humor help?

Seriously that’s f****d up. Sorry that happen

Well that is what I am thinking...I mean it was bloody raining.

Its all good now because its so far in the past, but still makes me kind of mad to think about it.