Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2019, 1:40 am

Autism's Got Talent 2019 sees performers from across the globe take to the stage in London

Quote:
Children and adults with autism from across the UK, Ireland and India came together to showcase their talent and to demonstrate what people with autism can do on stage in Central London.

On May 4, hundreds attended the prestigious event at the Mermaid Theatre.

Autism with Attitude, Hillingdon Manor School’s award-winning street dance group, wowed the audience when they bust some moves on stage, fresh from performing on the BBC’s hit show The Greatest Dancer.

Autism advocate 16-year-old Siena Castellon said: " The quality of the performances - whether it was singing, dancing, playing an instrument – was amazing. These performers could stand shoulder to shoulder with professional performers.

"Thank you Anna Kennedy for such an awesome evening. It exceeded all my expectations and definitely will be the highlight of my year in 2019!"

Performer Daniel Docherty also had his time to shine at the event.

The 19-year-old, who has autism, took to the stage in London to raise awareness of autism.

The young singer travelled all the way from Kilkenny, Ireland, to participate in Autism's Got Talent after discovering the event on Facebook.

In a video posted from the event, Daniel completely transforms while performing an emotional rendition of Bring Him Home from Les Miserables.

Daniel is currently studying Psychology at Waterford Institute of Technology, but he says he is very passionate about singing and aspires to be a famous singer one day.

The video of Daniel's performance has steadily begun to get a lot of views on Facebook and Youtube. It has also received a lot of positive feedback.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman