Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2019, 4:01 pm

Has anyone seen this film? Silvie reminds me so much of a cross between my mother and my auntie (My Mums sister). Oh I loved my aunty. She died in her 50's about 12 To 14 years ago.
Here is a short link of a scene in the film. The whole film despite the odd tragedy has such a freedom about it. Oh how I hate conformity and how I love freedom...

https://youtu.be/XJ80uKQdIYU

I named my locomotive number 1 "Ruthy" after the girl in this film. Such precious characters.

Sorry. Ammended. Second link was a copy of the first.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2019, 4:50 pm

If one ignores the few negatives, I have to ask "Why can't life be like that? Why do we have to conform anyway?" I hate life in todays brainwashed society. I want freedom... I am free inside. If anything happens where my mum should die I am just going to go off. Forget about life. Just get my bicycle and go! Not sure where. Somewhere to hide. Somewhere where no one is there. Somewhere wild and free... I won't cope with life if I don't do this and my mum isn't here. I can't be normal anymore. My mum is great. She is good. :)
Here, where I am now I don't see a future. There is no future here. Just death and destruction. A tsunami of dread.
Waiting...Waiting....Waiting... No, no, no. I don't want my mum to die ever! No! Not that. Waiting for my future to pan out. My destiny. My hopes. My dreams. Gods will!

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2019, 11:12 am

It is strange. No one seems to have seen this film. I would love to get a video (VHS) or even a DVD of it so I can watch it again one day. :)

AlanMooresBeard
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 May 2019, 12:48 pm

You'll be pleased to know that the film is available on DVD and Blu-Ray. You can buy it from Amazon though it may well be cheaper elsewhere:

Housekeeping

I've heard of the film but never seen it. I might check it out some day.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2019, 1:11 pm

I can really relate to it. It is one of those films that if I had it on DVD I would never part with it. Next time I have some funds I will look to buying a copy. I don't buy from internet only sites if I can help it. But I will see how things go. I have no income at the moment so it isn't too much of a priority. Thanks so much for the information though. I could get my brother interested in buying a copy! My brother and his wife enjoy films like this one. I don't think his wife has seen this. They sometimes download films somehow? I think this one is available in that way.

AlanMooresBeard
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 May 2019, 1:18 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
I can really relate to it. It is one of those films that if I had it on DVD I would never part with it. Next time I have some funds I will look to buying a copy. I don't buy from internet only sites if I can help it. But I will see how things go. I have no income at the moment so it isn't too much of a priority. Thanks so much for the information though. I could get my brother interested in buying a copy! My brother and his wife enjoy films like this one. I don't think his wife has seen this. They sometimes download films somehow? I think this one is available in that way.

It does appear to be available on Amazon Prime Video and you can either rent it or buy a digital copy. However, it sounds to me that you would prefer a physical copy. If you have an HMV near you, you might be able to find a copy there.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2019, 2:18 pm

AlanMooresBeard wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:

It does appear to be available on Amazon Prime Video and you can either rent it or buy a digital copy. However, it sounds to me that you would prefer a physical copy. If you have an HMV near you, you might be able to find a copy there.

I don't think HMV are still going? No idea. Yes. A physical DVD (Not blue ray as those don't play on our player) or VHS would be better. I will keep an eye out. I could do with checking my local area to see what shops sell things like that.

AlanMooresBeard
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 May 2019, 2:49 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:

I don't think HMV are still going? No idea. Yes. A physical DVD (Not blue ray as those don't play on our player) or VHS would be better. I will keep an eye out. I could do with checking my local area to see what shops sell things like that.

HMV are still around. I noticed that you're in Wales. The only stores they have in Wales are in Cardiff and Cwmbran. I don't know if any of those are near you. If not, the next nearest branches to you are Bristol, Chester, Liverpool and Warrington.

The version I linked to is a Dual Format edition. That means that it includes a DVD copy and a Blu-Ray copy so you will be able to play it. It also includes bonus material such as audio commentaries, documentaries and interviews so you can learn more about the making of the film.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2019, 4:18 pm

Umm. Not places near me. Will see if smaller places may do them near me.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2019, 5:05 pm

Has anyone else watched this film?

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran