Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

BlueIris24
Raven
Raven

23 May 2019, 8:03 pm

I've noticed that girls who are lesbians seem to be drawn to me. I've been hit on before and flirted with by a few, but at the time it happened I didn't realize it. Their eyes are drawn to me in a room. I don't actually mind this at all (considering I am gay myself), but there isn't really any indication in my appearance that I'm gay. I don't wear flannels (I only own one flannel shirt), beanies, or snapbacks. My hair's worn long and is usually at medium length. I'm a jeans and shirt kind of person.

I wonder if my Asperger's has something to do with it? I tend to be somewhat socially oblivious at times, which is what lesbians are famous for. Of course, it could all be just in my head, but I'm wondering if other women attract lesbians/bi women who like to hit on them or flirt without really intending to.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2019, 8:12 pm

I only attracted one lesbian, really, so that’s no more than average. I was nice to her, and she took that as more than I intended. She was odd (probably on the spectrum!) and most people avoided her.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2019, 6:57 pm

I once had a crush on a lesbian who dug men when she had too much to drink.

Bread and Roses
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jun 2019, 11:53 am

...I don't think lesbians being attracted to socially unaware people is really a thing? I'm curious about this claim. In my 35 years out and in the community, I've never seen this stereotype, not evidence to support it. I DO find that lesbians are often attracted to different things than straight men typically are, however.

As for me, I wish!! ! I tend to appeal to Black men for reasons I'm uncertain of. Often quite attractive ones, so if I were attracted to men, I would love that. But, I like women, so oh well.

-C

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2019, 7:38 am

Yeah I do it's great and they're femme as well.

Seriously though, I sympathise because I attract straight guys who are too old for me (I'm mostly into women and I'm certainly not into guys over 40). I think when you don't have the social ability to actively signal what you want and don't want you attract the 'wrong' people - obviously I don't mean this in a homophobic way! I mean the people you're not into. And at the same time, you don't attract the ones you do want.

I'm not sure how femmes signal they're gay other than flirting or going to lgbt things. I don't know how tomboys signal they're straight other than flirting, my friend has this problem as a gender non conforming cis het woman, I don't think lesbians approach her but guys think she's gay and she isn't.

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2019, 6:49 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I once had a crush on a lesbian who dug men when she had too much to drink.

You sound like my boyfriend who had a similar situation years ago

I manage to attract cishet dudes more then anything though at one point I'm surprised I didn't attract any lesbians considering I did dress quiet masculine at a point.

The_CheerfulMuffin948
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Jun 2019, 6:55 pm

I feel ya sister. Even though I haven't lived my life for very long so far, I have attracted so many girls to me to the fact that I think I'm into other girls than boys. I'm not letting that get the best of me even though I got manipulated once. :lol:

caThar4G
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2019, 12:40 am

I did in highschool. Probably still?

leahbear
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Jul 2019, 3:56 pm

A few lesbians, but bi-curious women are really drawn to me.

galeforcenine
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Sep 2019, 6:51 pm

I feel like lesbians (and other kinds of wlw) can sorta... sense(?) other lesbians. It doesn’t matter how someone looks, there’s always a vibe that I think only other wlw pick up on. I find the same with other people with Aspergers - sometimes it’s not “obvious” (like neurotypicals would just say they were shy or awkward), but I pick up on something that isn’t merely behaviour/physical etc - it’s an aura of sorts.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2019, 7:07 pm

Usually only creepy old men are attracted to me

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2019, 7:27 pm

When I was young, it was all the time. Still now too, but way, way less.

Gentleman Argentum
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2019, 5:32 am

Yes, when I was younger. I'm safe now! My wrinkles protect me seemingly against all advances. And if that does not suffice, I just employ some of my native charm and that turns them away.

I believe people are drawn to each other sometimes on a spiritual level. Perhaps many people occupy genders that are not representative of their true spiritual nature, agreed? All but the fundamentalist Christians would agree. So the lesbian, she is drawn to what is feminine, correct? And the gay man, he may be attracted to what is masculine in the lesbian. This is very plausible. The problem arises when both get naked. Then biology comes into play and in my experience, the chemistry is not all that good. In the end, I don't have what she wants, and she doesn't have what I want. But your mileage may vary! In which case, there are examples in history of lesbian and gay coming together and making a family. I do not know of one off hand, but I am open-minded to believe there are examples.

ThatWeirdGirlIntheCorner
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Oct 2019, 6:17 pm

About 4 times but that was in High School. One girl even asked me out I actually regret not going out with her I was too afraid of what my mom would think. Oh well...

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2019, 1:34 pm

No (I wish, because I am bi and currently homo-curious). But I somehow attract guys with "female" personality traits.