Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2019, 10:14 pm

Is Chinese food good to eat?

PurpleReject
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 May 2019, 12:52 am

I like it, but as far as Asian cuisine is concerned, I prefer Japanese food.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 May 2019, 3:06 am

From what I hear the stuff they serve at lots of Chinese places is like the Chinese version of fast-food. it's the cheap popular generic stuff. I'm not really into Chinese food myself, I much rather American fast-food but there are a couple things I find OK thou I only had em as leftovers so it's possible I'd like em better if I were to get the food fresh.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2019, 3:15 am

There was a really good Chinese takeaway round the corner when I lived in London. Their Chicken And Pineapple and Duck In Plum Sauce dishes were excellent. They closed down in 2003, still haven't found anything as good ever since.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2019, 4:01 am

Well IDK i don't think its bad cause its got veggies rice and meant unless you get a vegan version without meat. But I mean you can also make stir fry at home. I mean me and my boyfriend want to get a rice cooker to cook our own rice, but for now we've just been using microwave packets of rice.

But yeah we can cook up some meats and veggies with a stir fry sauce just on microwave rice and that is pretty good. Where I live though there is a store kind of asian oriented but they have a lot of sauces and things for stir fry, they certainly sell some types of meat you don't see in the usual grocery store. We got a duck there at one point and it was pretty tasty, but ducks are very fatty. Like good god, there was so much grease from that thing but it was delicious as well.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2019, 4:16 am

nick007 wrote:
From what I hear the stuff they serve at lots of Chinese places is like the Chinese version of fast-food. it's the cheap popular generic stuff. I'm not really into Chinese food myself, I much rather American fast-food but there are a couple things I find OK thou I only had em as leftovers so it's possible I'd like em better if I were to get the food fresh.

Breakfast burrito beasts american fast food every time in my opinion. Though for me I always have to ask for no eggs because I don't like eggs. Nothing is much worse than biting into a breakfast burrito and realizing you did not specify no eggs...if you're like me and don't like them. I mean in that case I eat it anyways while picking out as much egg as I can but it still sucks.

I just am not an a**hole I don't want to drive up and ask for a refund over food I didn't quite like, because I forgot to tell them the ingredient I don't like.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2019, 4:32 am

Cant get enough of it.

Especially lo mein.

My own bachelor cooking is very Chinese inspired. One day I studies the chicken fried rice carry out I was eating. Noticed the little pieces of scallions and diced scrambled egg. Ever since I have been practically living off my own "Chinese omlets": diced scrambled egg mixed with rice, and with [fill in the blank- any combination of diced stuff on hand- veggies, meat, etc].

Though even Chinese takes a backseat to Thai.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 May 2019, 5:40 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
nick007 wrote:

Breakfast burrito beasts american fast food every time in my opinion. Though for me I always have to ask for no eggs because I don't like eggs. Nothing is much worse than biting into a breakfast burrito and realizing you did not specify no eggs...if you're like me and don't like them. I mean in that case I eat it anyways while picking out as much egg as I can but it still sucks.

I just am not an a**hole I don't want to drive up and ask for a refund over food I didn't quite like, because I forgot to tell them the ingredient I don't like.
I don't eat breakfast burritos but I can totally understand what you mean. I don't eat eggs either. I don't just dislike them, they're also hard on my stomach & make me go to the bathroom. Things like baked goods are fine on my stomach thou & I do love them but things where eggs are by themselves or just added to something or put on something like a biskit are a NO go for me.
I'm picky about my burgers not having certain things on them & I will send them back if the place screwed up & didn't take it off when they made it but I will just deal with it & take off what I can if I forget to order it that way.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2019, 7:27 pm

Which restaurant, which dish?

"Good" in what way, tasty?

Some people like some Chinese food

The Chinese eat things Americans usually don't

For example, stinky tofu

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2019, 11:11 pm

I like North American Chinese. That food is good. I love breaded almond chicken.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2019, 3:54 am

I effing love the North American take on "Chinese" food. It's not authentic to what you'd get in China, but it's still damn delicious. It probably isn't that good for you with the MSG and other unhealthy stuff that's in it, but eating it every once in a while seems to be fine.

Actually, on that note, we have a local place that doesn't use MSG, and their food is great.

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2019, 8:54 am

I really like it when it's buffet style, so that I can have a little bit of lots of different things. If I have a whole meal of just one dish, it often tastes fantastic for the first few mouthfuls, but then my taste buds seem to get bored with the flavour very easily (maybe something to do with MSG?)

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2019, 9:06 am

I'm a real fan of Chinese food. The westernized version of it, anyway. There are some pretty good Chinese restaurants where I live and my mom and I go there occasionally.

I'm not a big fan of rice, though. I eat it but I'll take noodles over rice any day. I *love* noodles! :heart:

Sometimes I make stir-fry at home. Something that's got a lot of vegetables in it can't be *too* bad for you. :chef:

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2019, 9:18 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
I'm not a big fan of rice, though.

I don't mind fried rice, or even wholemeal rice - but plain boiled/steamed white rice is too bland and mushy for me. Noodles are definitely best IMHO, though! Similar for Indian food - I always eat curry with chappattis/naan rather than rice if I have the option.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2019, 9:29 am

I prefer Chinese to Indian food. The quality of Chinese food compared to the last place I lived isn't so good. There's also a lot less choice re take away options. Just eat has very few options for my post code.

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2019, 7:04 am

Bruce Lee was more into japanese food than chinese or so I heard