Not getting close to anyone.

Page 3 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2019, 1:42 am

cyberdad wrote:
cberg wrote:
Well I'm moving tomorrow & I'm pretty freaked out about leaving my cat with my dad, not to mention being closer to my friends. I don't know how I'm going to pull all this off. I need to start my resumé SOON. The only reason I work this hard is so I can keep up with friends wherever we all go, I just hope my efforts hold up.

Good luck...Harry Potter...

Considering how many circumstances might have killed me, you're not far off base here. :|

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2019, 1:48 am

cberg wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
cberg wrote:
I have no idea what anyone wants from me. :(.

Probably nothing. Otherwise they would be knocking on your parent's door asking for you. You need to have to offer people something they want. Life is about trade offs....

Can we please focus on anything else, the immaterial? I'm trying to offer up more of myself if that's what you mean. I'm hopeful enough I can give people more than just what anyone can buy.

As you get older you realise (and this is unfortunately true) that you have to lower your expectations of other human beings. People are inherently self-centred and range mildly self-centred to completely selfish. When you come across a person who comes across as nice and altruistic it just means they want something material from you or immaterial from the universe.

When you incorporate the reality of the true nature of human beings then you will find your social anxiety about them will vanish.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2019, 2:18 am

I'm not inclined to think that believing in the negatives about people will elicit anything positive.

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2019, 2:32 am

cberg wrote:
I'm not inclined to think that believing in the negatives about people will elicit anything positive.

Well, it would at least be realistic. And being realistic can be positive in the long run.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2019, 2:38 am

cberg wrote:

SImply put....it just means nothing to be nervous about...

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2019, 8:36 pm

Cberg have you ever considered going to any of the meetups wrongplanet people have? I would if I had the money.

Feeling isolated is what people with autism suffer from. But if we could meet up together it would be not so bad.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2019, 3:28 am

While I have some money & I heard of one or two in my state, I don't really have any time. I get the impression my friends would like to help with some of this but I'm wondering how to respond.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2019, 8:43 pm

cyberdad wrote:
cberg wrote:

SImply put....it just means nothing to be nervous about...

I suppose the only person I'm actually nervous about is me. I'm more trusting towards my friends than myself. I understand that being more realistic about people will alleviate some of the irrational expectations we all have. I also understand that my whimsical approach toward all things social has its' place. My friends are freaking magical, seriously. They managed to communicate with me. Who am I to deny that?

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2019, 11:34 pm

Would rather not have the good or the bad

Than good and bad

You can't just choose the good

The best case scenario is that, :twisted: whooptie do :evil: . Both parties go holding hands skipping off into the sunset :roll:

:mrgreen:

The worst case scenario is that, :twisted: subject to imagination :cry:

Precious lil "friends" have taken my car. Ten miles away and two months later, I found it. While riding a bike

But of course I can't do that anymore

There are plenty of things they can do that I don't have the resources to repair

Paranoid personality disorders

BFF one day and ghosted the next

They are not worth the energy it takes to interact with them

f**k Amy Lee scheel b***h

:| :D

:| :ninja:

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2019, 6:04 pm

I'm pretty sure I'm the impossibly crazy, inscrutable, difficult one in this equation. I didn't steal anyone's car or whatever but I'm not an easy person to communicate with. I'm going camping with a bunch of friends tomorrow at least.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2019, 6:19 pm

Sometimes someone appears decent. Then I find out something about them that is surprising and bad. Mister redelings was homophobic

Sometimes someone changes for the worst

It's a competition that takes constant energy to keep up with

The party with more resources wins

Resources are:. Authority, skill, intelligence, allies, friends, $$$, strength, energy , time

Logic, factual accuracy, legality morality do not impact the outcome

For example if someone tries to take my purse , and they win. They win a purse. And I lose a purse

If I win, nothing happened

:roll:

f**k mister redelings

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2019, 7:23 pm

As buggered & messy as our situation(s) may seem, even though I'm a savant hacker, despite 250+ days each year on my own, I'm still a people person. I love people in general regardless of knowing so little about how we can get along. I Iove my friends the most simply because they keep managing to do what's necessary to make my life worth living. That doesn't mean life is without disappointment, though people aren't letdowns to me at all. I'm just amazed there's anyone in my life at all & I'm trying drum up low key ways of thanking a few for sticking around. I want to learn how to say all the above, casually & positively. My demeanor on here is too much more formal & isolated than the real me.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2019, 7:32 pm

Maybe you could throw a party to say thank you to your friends

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2019, 9:14 pm

Sarahsmith wrote:
Maybe you could throw a party to say thank you to your friends

:D Though I'm not sure if that's the expressed purpose, I think said party is in the cards at my house as well as in the high desert this weekend. I'm finally renting a house where people can have some space to think about this. I'm trying to worry less & be more patient in general. I'm also a reclusive coder with more ideas than resources.

8O help...

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2019, 9:34 pm

Attachment

When they dump me or drop dead, the rejection :evil: hurts :twisted: because I made the mistake of trusting them

Guard up constantly

f**k mister redelings

:roll:

There are just too many things that precious lil "people" do that I find triggering (provocative)

Written contract

They don't have to consent

But even if they do :twisted: whooptie do :roll:

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2019, 8:19 pm

I don't mean to put you off your train of thought but I want my thread to be constructive. This is NOT about my contempt for anyone & I don't relate to that.

I want to spend more time with my friends so I'm asking how to send them such a message without being the same old autistic fool.

Last bumped by cberg on 12 Jun 2019, 8:19 pm.