Did you ever take a class in which you didn’t learn at all?

Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Raphael F
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Oct 2019, 4:32 pm

domineekee wrote:
"Erm, sorry, I think you must have the wrong number".
Surely not! I was dialling very carefully, and in Roman Numerals...

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2019, 4:38 pm

Raphael F wrote:
domineekee wrote:
"Erm, sorry, I think you must have the wrong number".
Surely not! I was dialling very carefully, and in Roman Numerals...

"Marcus est in hortus"
5 years and that's all I've got. :oops:

Raphael F
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Oct 2019, 4:45 pm

Well, you've spelt it right and your grammar is flawless. So you did "learn" that much. I think my gold stars have probably all curled up and dried out by now, sorry!

On the plus side, that is probably the nuclear code for at least one launch station, so you are in a position of power, thanks to your education...

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2019, 7:05 am

Rainbow_Belle wrote:
University is a waste of time and money. Outdated education system which doesn't teach you any real world skills. Take a business degree for example (which is what I did), you're learning business from a teacher who's never owned a business! Complete scam, you can learn everything you need online, or through books. University was the worst mistake of my life and it was a lot of stress for a worthless piece of paper that provided no real life skills and no work skills.

Totally agree. I find it interesting you mentioned how many business instructors have never owned a business as I noticed that too. Most of them (that even talk about their past that is) usually had a political background or were born with a sliver spoon and wouldn't last a month as an entrepreneur. The only business professor I had that actually owned a business used to constantly use his class to promote it..... and it still failed miserably.

The only knowledge I really gained in 4 years of business school were the fields of psychology, philosophy and astronomy. I assumed that even though the degree didn't really teach anything relevant at least it would improve my employability. Three years after graduating and the #1 piece of advice I got from career counsellors? Omit the Degree on my resume as it made me look "lazy and unmotivated". :roll:

internally
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Nov 2019, 3:09 pm

My sociology class in college. All the information that was fed to me in that class was nothing out of the ordinary since I took that same class in high school.