Blind, autistic singer golden buzzer on America’s Got Talent

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2019, 3:33 am

Blind, autistic singer earns season's first golden buzzer on America's Got Talent

Quote:
A singer and pianist from California received Gabrielle Union's golden buzzer on Season 14 of America's Got Talent.

Kodi Lee, 22, of Lake Elsinore, California performed Donny Hathaway's 'A Song For You.'

"I will tell you, all four judges and everybody in this room were up on their feet," said Howie Mandel. "Not only do we feel the authenticity of what you do, but you're a great inspiration and a great talent."

"Everybody needs a voice and an expression. And I really feel your heart, your passion. Your voice blew all of us away. I just want to see, I heard you, I felt you and it was beautiful," said Julianne Hough.

According to his website, Lee is a blind and autistic musical prodigious savant. He is one of a handful of people in the world with his abilities.

"Born with optic nerve hypoplasia, surviving a life-saving surgery at 5 days old, and being diagnosed with autism at an early age has never stopped Kodi from reaching for his dreams," his website says. He has an audio photographic memory, allowing him to recall music he hears after a single listen.

He says his dream is to be a rock star performing for thousands of fans.

During the audition rounds of America's Got Talent, the golden buzzer allows each judge and the host to pass one performer directly to the live quarterfinal round without further deliberation.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2019, 1:00 am

I watched the video. Kodi Lee is pretty incredible.

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2019, 9:18 am

Kodi Lee is amazing!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2022, 5:03 am

AGT Winner Kodi Lee Just Reached An Emotional Career Milestone

Quote:
We last saw the musical prodigy when he sang Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'" during an AGT Season 22 Live Results Show. Now on November 3, Lee—who is blind and has autism—released his first-ever music video for his original song, "Miracle."

"HECK YEAH!," Lee captioned an Instagram post. "This songs means so much to me, I am so excited to share this with you all, thanks for being the best ever!! PLEASE SHARE!“

The emotional project features Lee playing the piano and is interspersed with home videos of his childhood, even featuring his earliest performances

It also included a very special message to some familiar faces: "Thank you to: Simon Cowell, Terry Crews, AGT Staff, and all the fans!"

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2023, 8:33 am

Inside Kodi Lee's Emotional AGT: All-Stars Return: 'I'm Here to Win Again'

Quote:
Four years after Kodi Lee's America's Got Talent journey began with a Golden Buzzer Audition and ended with a Season 14 win, he is back. And this time, he could be on his way to taking home the AGT: All-Stars title.

Lee declared during AGT: All-Stars' fifth round of auditions that he was back "to win again." As soon as he stepped onto the stage, the crowd—and Judges—were on their feet with a standing ovation. He then broke out into a flawless rendition of Calum Scott's "Biblical," which proved why he stole the nation's hearts the first time around.

“I don't think I ever heard the audience this loud," said Heidi Klum. "I feel you, too Kodi Lee. I feel like my heart doubles in size when I hear you sing, and you truly are an all-star, and I feel like AGT is what it is because of you."

Simon Cowell added, "This takes me back to one of those magical moments we had on AGT. People always ask me this question: What was your top three or four Auditions? Every single time we always mention your Audition, Kodi... you're one of those Artists that are always gonna be amazing."

By the end of the night, the Superfans voted Lee into the Finals, meaning he beat out Season 15 winner Brandon Leake and Season 16's Josh Blue, who rounded out the Top 3 of the night.

Lee has nabbed the 11th and final spot, meaning we're that much closer to finding out the first-ever winner of AGT: All-Stars

Gammeldans
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Feb 2023, 8:59 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Blind, autistic singer earns season's first golden buzzer on America's Got Talent
Quote:
A singer and pianist from California received Gabrielle Union's golden buzzer on Season 14 of America's Got Talent.

Kodi Lee, 22, of Lake Elsinore, California performed Donny Hathaway's 'A Song For You.'

"I will tell you, all four judges and everybody in this room were up on their feet," said Howie Mandel. "Not only do we feel the authenticity of what you do, but you're a great inspiration and a great talent."

"Everybody needs a voice and an expression. And I really feel your heart, your passion. Your voice blew all of us away. I just want to see, I heard you, I felt you and it was beautiful," said Julianne Hough.

According to his website, Lee is a blind and autistic musical prodigious savant. He is one of a handful of people in the world with his abilities.

"Born with optic nerve hypoplasia, surviving a life-saving surgery at 5 days old, and being diagnosed with autism at an early age has never stopped Kodi from reaching for his dreams," his website says. He has an audio photographic memory, allowing him to recall music he hears after a single listen.

During the audition rounds of America's Got Talent, the golden buzzer allows each judge and the host to pass one performer directly to the live quarterfinal round without further deliberation.

what is a golden buzzer?
Also, please use links with materials that non-americans can watch.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2023, 9:42 am

Gammeldans wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Quote:

what is a golden buzzer?
Also, please use links with materials that non-americans can watch.

“Introduced in Season 10, the AGT Golden Buzzer is hit by an impressed AGT Judge, allowing an Act to progress directly to the Live Shows. If a Judge hits their Golden Buzzer, the Act moves forward despite whatever red buzzers are pressed.”

Nobody can see the link in the OP it is a dead link.