Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2019, 4:36 pm

Cast yourself back in time when one legged horses go clop clop clop and zubby bees fly backwards....
We may live in our own little world of trains and things like that....
And we question things.... Things.? Yes. Things!

Life has surprizes. Some surprizes are cool. Like Mitsi who seems to look like an ordinary car and in many ways she is, but even though I have owned and driven many cars, I have never owned a car quite like it! If I didn't take the risk of trying something new then how would I have ever discovered Mitsi?

Many crave normality. They want to be normal. They would give anything to be normal. Yet, I have never exactly been normal and I don't say this in a negative way but a positive way. I am very happy being a "Missfit". And why do I think like this? Well. The times I have tried to fit in because it is or aas expected of me have not really worked out. Yes, I can partly fit in but I am not at my best. I am not who God created me to be, as I was made to be different.
Being different means I do not fit in with conformity. However, my being different brings great blessings as I have the ability to stand outside of society and look in. So I tend to see things that others don't see. I see patterns in people. It could be due to faceblindness as I then concentrate on looking at other aspects instead. In this way I am hypersensitive to my surroundings in regards to people. It is as if I am aware of everyone around me and how they are acting. I may not always read the signs in the same way, but in general I find it great to be me!

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2019, 4:38 pm

Missfits... Uhmmm. :)

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2019, 5:53 pm

You have a good point but certainly plenty of autistics do not feel that way

Because I don't feel that way

Unique and special could be a good thing, in some circumstances but they are the exception

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2019, 9:32 pm

Back in the old days many Aspies were called by a different name. They were called non-conformist. In England I believe they were eccentrics (a person of unconventional and slightly strange views or behavior). So maybe you should consider yourself one.

Here are some Quotes on Non-Conformists

Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do. – Rob Siltanen: Apple, "Think Different" campaign

It gives me great pleasure indeed to see the stubbornness of an incorrigible nonconformist warmly acclaimed. - Albert Einstein

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. - Mark Twain

Our wretched species is so made that those who walk on the well-trodden path always throw stones at those who are showing a new road. - Voltaire

Not all those who wander are lost. - J.R.R. Tolkien

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Do not follow where the path may lead. Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

A "normal" person is the sort of person that might be designed by a committee. You know, "Each person puts in a pretty color and it comes out gray." - Alan Sherman

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself. - Friedrich Nietzsche

The average man is a conformist, accepting miseries and disasters with the stoicism of a cow standing in the rain. - Colin Wilson

Freedom began on the day the first sheep wandered away from the herd. ― Marty Rubin

traven
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2019, 2:37 am

:D :D :D
one sheep alone isn't free
but gets psychotic very fast

its a herd animal , for its safety by numbers
they're rather helpless at helping each other
competition and being "ahead" is the game

:jester:

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2019, 9:10 am

traven wrote:

I have found that statement not to be true. It is kinda like one of the mysteries of life. If you are free, there are many members of society that are fascinated by this. You are like a shiny Christmas tree ornament and it draws them in to accept you. Like a moth to an open flame.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2019, 11:08 pm

jimmy m wrote:
traven wrote:

I have found that statement not to be true. It is kinda like one of the mysteries of life. If you are free, there are many members of society that are fascinated by this. You are like a shiny Christmas tree ornament and it draws them in to accept you. Like a moth to an open flame.

I have found that statement not to be true, also.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.