Page 1 of 10 [ 157 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2019, 12:24 pm

I have noticed quiet a few posts over the last week or two that are focussed on race supremacy.
In order to understand your perspective more fully, please can you answer the following question ideally with examples.

If a supreme race exists, which race would it be and for what reasons?
From my understanding, human beings have a wide range of attributes and behaviour traits.
I think that human beings are by their very nature extremely complex.

I was wondering how race supremacists could possibly reduce entire sub races of the human race down in order to give them an order? If there is logic to your reasoning, i would be grateful if you would elaborate. After all, the nazi's of the second world war must have had some logic behind their reasoning. I am not saying that i agree with the reasoning, i am just examining the reasoning in order to understand and to ascertain its worth.

Thank you

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2019, 12:27 pm

Are there more race supremacists in the UK than the U.S.? I personally have never knowingly met a race supremacist in my life. I'm not saying I don't believe they exist, but that I've never met one.

I've never cared about the race of a person. I care about respect. People should respect other people's personal space and should respect each person's RIGHT to safety and the right to live without being willingly harmed by another. The Golden Rule is underrated and underutilized. For these reasons, the color of someone's skin means nothing to me. One is not superior to the other in any way.

Last edited by Magna on 31 May 2019, 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joao
Butterfly
Butterfly

31 May 2019, 12:38 pm

My mom's family is Dutch and Portuguese. My dad's ancestors include Portuguese, Italian, Western-African and Native South American. If any race is superior over another, I have it covered! Except for Asian. Please don't tell me its Asians. ;)

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2019, 3:28 pm

Well, if IQ has anything to do with being Superior. Japanese are known to have the highest for a race.
I think perhaps its due to the high amounts of fish that has always been in their diet, due to being an island that relies on fishing as their primary source of food.

Now, I personally do not believe in race supremacy. I think that attributes are simply just that.
As the old sayings go, it's not what you got but how you use it, and it's not what you do but why you do things (more of a buddhist thing that one).

I also really like Haile Selassie Ras Tafari's speech about equality and against racial prejudice which he addressed to the UN nations in 1963 which included the words that inspired Bob Marley's song, War. which included the following words:

"On the question of racial discrimination, the Addis Ababa Conference taught, to those who will learn, this further lesson:
that until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned;
that until there are no longer first class and second class citizens of any nation;
that until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes;
that until the basic human rights are equally guaranteed to all without regard to race;
that until that day, the dream of lasting peace and world citizenship and the rule of international morality will remain but a fleeting illusion, to be pursued but never attained.
And until the ignoble and unhappy regimes that hold our brothers in Angola, in Mozambique and in South Africa in subhuman bondage have been toppled and destroyed;
until bigotry and prejudice and malicious and inhuman self-interest have been replaced by understanding and tolerance and good-will;
until all Africans stand and speak as free beings, equal in the eyes of all men, as they are in the eyes of Heaven;
until that day, the African continent will not know peace. We Africans will fight, if necessary, and we know that we shall win, as we are confident in the victory of good over evil."

Each of us value different things in life, and i am interested in learning what values people hold and why.
I started this thread in hope that i could understand why race supremacists think the way they do, what the logic is behind their reasoning, and what drives them to act in the way they do.

If you were forced to, what attributes would you include to evaluate one race's general superiority over another.
Or is it even possible to generalise, perhaps even among a single race, there is so much diversity that it is hard to really make a general statement.

I also wonder about the purity factor of a person, for example, some who may be race supremacists may think they are of one and only one race, but may in fact have all sorts of races combined to make their own DNA.

So, with the fact that most people are made up of several races genetically, how is it possible to be a race supremacist in this day and age?

Nonetheless, if it were possible, to find some pure race examples. What attributes would you compare to ascertain which was the superior speciemine? Would Adolf Hitler be the ultimate Superior human being? or would he have to be scheduled for extermination or slave class, along with the rest of us inferior speciemines.

Would Nigel Farage of the UK Brexit party be the ultimate superior race speciemine, what would a world of Nigel Farage's look and be like? Not sure if I want to ask that question, although sales of milk shakes may go up.

Nonetheless, a penny for your thoughts.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2019, 3:39 pm

I'd move this to PPR

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

PickTheFlower
Butterfly
Butterfly

31 May 2019, 4:46 pm

Intresting post I'm black and Korean. Of course I look more black than anything else except for around the eyes. Most people can tell I'm mixed but dont with what.
My skin is light brown and my natural hair is curly. I've gotten digusted looks before. In the black community theres this whole light skin vs dark skin going on. Some black people can be just as racist let me tell you that.

I doubt if a real white supremacist will reply though 8O .

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2019, 4:48 pm

Arganger wrote:
I'd move this to PPR

Agreed. This should not be in GAD.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2019, 5:31 pm

Antrax wrote:
Arganger wrote:
I'd move this to PPR

I concur.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2019, 7:31 pm

Antrax wrote:
Arganger wrote:
I'd move this to PPR

I also think it should be moved to PPR.

breaks0
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 May 2019, 8:10 pm

Lol And here I thought the PPR threads were provocative!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2019, 11:12 pm

The race of the person is of minuscule significance in comparison with the significance of the individual person.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2019, 11:23 pm

madbutnotmad wrote:
If a supreme race exists, which race would it be and for what reasons?

I see everyone avoided your most relevant question (not surprising since mainstream NTs also get nervous and avoid this topic)

A quick perusal of history will show that white Europeans codified the concept of race around the 1500s to basically i) put themselves on the top of the racial trifle ii) justify conversion of the heathen iii) justify slavery iv) justify colonisation v) justify making up stories of manifest destiny.

Today we know this as white supremacy which is an artificial belief system that being white makes you superior to all other human beings who are not of European origin. If you distill down who holds global power you will find people of European origin maintain control over the bulk of resources and land. In countries with sizeable European populations the European element live a superior quality of life compared to non-Europeans. The media (TV and internet) is predominatly caucasian. This all smacks of supremacy. Things haven't changed a lot.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2019, 11:28 pm

Many “primitive” tribes believe in the supremacy of their own ethnic group.....sometimes to the point where the name of the ethnic group means “people” in their language.

By implication, in these cases, persons who are not of their ethnic group are, in their language, not “people.”

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2019, 11:33 pm

As for “race supremacy,” I don’t believe in the concept because I believe “race” is an artificial construct.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2019, 11:36 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
As for “race supremacy,” I don’t believe in the concept because I believe “race” is an artificial construct.

The OP asked "Is there a supreme race"

the answer is yes...or at least self-designated supremacy

breaks0
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 May 2019, 11:37 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

Definitely a social construct.