Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2019, 12:55 pm

So when I was depressed, the doctor said "your medication is fine, this is just situational depression" and did nothing.

Now I'm feeling better because our situation changed and I went to the doc today "your hypomanic, I'm upping your medication"

Say what? So when I'm depressed I get no treatment and when I come in happy something's wrong with me? Do I need to change doctors? : :x

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2019, 8:55 pm

I would ask the question you posted here to your doctor and see what their answer is.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2019, 9:07 am

You've worded your question in a way that everyone would agree that something is not right.

I am not in full possession of your medical history or how you present in front of your Doctor.

I think Noca's advice is sound ask your Doctor to explain his reasoning.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2019, 1:33 pm

Rethinking it... I was really irritable about a week ago and my doctor said that yesterday I presented as "hyper" and she explained she felt I was creeping toward mania. Situation has something to do with it, but I respond very strongly to situation... Bad things cause extreme depression, things that make me mad make me really mad, and on the other extreme positive things can lead to mania... The emotional instability is exausting.

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2019, 6:53 pm

For all you know, maybe all the other psychiatrists are even worse than the current one

:mrgreen:

livingwithautism
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2019, 9:01 am

Angnix wrote:
Rethinking it... I was really irritable about a week ago and my doctor said that yesterday I presented as "hyper" and she explained she felt I was creeping toward mania. Situation has something to do with it, but I respond very strongly to situation... Bad things cause extreme depression, things that make me mad make me really mad, and on the other extreme positive things can lead to mania... The emotional instability is exausting.

Try adding psychosis into the mix.

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2019, 9:47 pm

livingwithautism wrote:
Angnix wrote:

I have had that a couple times too when I get extreme mania... Psychosis sucks :(

livingwithautism
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2019, 10:21 pm

Angnix wrote:
livingwithautism wrote:
Angnix wrote:

I have had that a couple times too when I get extreme mania... Psychosis sucks :(

I get psychosis whenever. I have schizoaffective disorder, bipolar type. What do you have?

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2019, 9:15 am

livingwithautism wrote:
Angnix wrote:
livingwithautism wrote:
Angnix wrote:

I get psychosis whenever. I have schizoaffective disorder, bipolar type. What do you have?

They have me diagnosed with the same thing... But I disagree with it.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2019, 9:31 am

I hope you can get a job soon.

I know you've been trying extra hard.

savavdpeas
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Sep 2019, 1:05 pm

Angnix wrote:
Say what? So when I'm depressed I get no treatment and when I come in happy something's wrong with me? Do I need to change doctors? : :x

When I was off medication, or on a much lower dosage, this is what I would think of my psychiatrist and therapist.

I agree with Noca; ask your psychiatrist these questions. Unfortunately, back when I was on a much lower dosage of medication, I never thought to ask my psychiatrist questions I thought were legitimate. I would just be focused on other things and forget to ask. I had a lot on my mind back then.