The youngest living Edwardian. I'm new here.

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Borromeo
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Jun 2019, 10:57 pm

Hello. I'm Charles. The forum handle "Borromeo" is for my patron saint (reformer of the Catholic Church in a time of great corruption.)

I'm 20, Roman Catholic, live somewhere in the Deep South, and am autistic. I'm a cashier at an indie coffee shop and as a straight white man I'm very much in the minority. I look and act like a mix of St. Aloysius Gonzaga and Harold Lloyd.

I wear vintage-style clothes when I get a chance, collect and restore gramophones, write stories on my old typewriter (1927 Remington) and sometimes wonder if "high-functioning" autistic people lived more easily pre-WWII before the rise of technology. My room looks like a mini-museum combined with a junkyard and I hole up in there a lot.

I went undiagnosed for 19 years of my very short life, and am currently looking at a big change ahead that should be a lot of fun but also a terrifying upheaval.

Oh well.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2019, 12:29 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2019, 2:05 pm

Oh, wow, someone here still actually uses a Remington! My parents had a Remington when I was little.

Is it still possible to get typewriter ribbons for that thing? Must be, if you're still using it. That surprises me.

- Finally diagnosed with ASD in May 2019, after having suspected it for over ten years, and after having deeply explored the autism community for over one year while waiting for and obtaining diagnosis.
- In longterm relationship with boyfriend who was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome in 2001.
- Long history of participation in various oddball subcultures.
- My "Getting to know each other" thread: Hello from NYC.

Last edited by Mona Pereth on 03 Jun 2019, 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2019, 2:08 pm

Welcome aboard!

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2019, 3:03 pm

I have a very similar personality and very similar tastes, it would seem. I'm also in the process of converting to Roman Catholicism and my inclinations are traditional/towards TLM.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=367376&p=7987599#p7987599

Spiderbrain
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Jun 2019, 6:17 pm

Welcome to WP! I hope you like it here.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2019, 6:37 pm

Welcome to WP. I used a typewriter for a long time because I was writing in a location without electricity. I wrote an entire book on it. Now I use a computer, because editing functions are so useful.

usually hold tighter.

Threnody, Dorothy Parker
as modified by David Tamulovich