Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2019, 2:17 am

Its a good show and apparently it was based on some works by Terry Pratchett. the amazing author who was lost to alzheimer's disease. It really makes me sad because he was so creative its just sad he met his end that way. But his works and the world he created kind of lives on.....just sad to me the guy is not around to enjoy any of his success he's had with the worlds he created.

Also makes me want to donate to causes that help orangutans, apparently that was a thing terry pratchett donated some of his money to was projects to help conserve orangutans. But the poor guy got alzheimer's and that was his end pretty much. I mean it sucks so much he was such a creative mind to lose him is certainly sad. But I am glad that his material lives on, because he really was a great author and his kind of creativity should not die. But it is sad knowing he is not around anymore.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2019, 4:22 am

I've been wanting to watch it but i don't know where! Yeah, i still remember his death like it was yesterday. In a way i'm glad he died before his illness got worse because i've heard he was planning to have assisted suicide if it got so bad. (he even went to switzerland for a documentary on it!) but of course it's still sad that he's not around to see it.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2019, 12:33 pm

AprilR wrote:
I've been wanting to watch it but i don't know where! Yeah, i still remember his death like it was yesterday. In a way i'm glad he died before his illness got worse because i've heard he was planning to have assisted suicide if it got so bad. (he even went to switzerland for a documentary on it!) but of course it's still sad that he's not around to see it.

Legally you have to have amazon prime.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2019, 12:33 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Its a good show and apparently it was based on some works by Terry Pratchett. the amazing author who was lost to alzheimer's disease. It really makes me sad because he was so creative its just sad he met his end that way. But his works and the world he created kind of lives on.....just sad to me the guy is not around to enjoy any of his success he's had with the worlds he created.

Also makes me want to donate to causes that help orangutans, apparently that was a thing terry pratchett donated some of his money to was projects to help conserve orangutans. But the poor guy got alzheimer's and that was his end pretty much. I mean it sucks so much he was such a creative mind to lose him is certainly sad. But I am glad that his material lives on, because he really was a great author and his kind of creativity should not die. But it is sad knowing he is not around anymore.

And Neil Gaiman.

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2019, 4:08 pm

I enjoyed the mini-series mostly for David Tennant and Michael Sheen's odd-couple.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2019, 7:57 am

^same reason!