Page 2 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2019, 7:10 am

EzraS wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
EzraS wrote:
I am pretty sure Twilight Princess was referring to 1980 when she said things have improved by leaps and bounds since then.

Also I believe she was saying living in a room and board care home is better than being homeless.

That’s right although I’d imagine that things have also improved since 1997...

Living in a care home is the way to go, I believe. It’s crucial that ASS-P puts his main focus on stabilizing his health.

I can understand someone who is used to being independent and used to roaming about all the time feeling confined in a care home at first. For me it's what I am already used to. Except for going out for a walk I spend most of my time in my room at home. So with the care home I will just be transferring from the room I occupy presently to that room. As long as I have my bed, desk chair, desk, 32" TV/monitor and my laptop I'm usually a happy camper. I also have an easy chair but I mostly use my desk chair.

Do you want to move from your parents’ house?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2019, 7:17 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
EzraS wrote:
I am pretty sure Twilight Princess was referring to 1980 when she said things have improved by leaps and bounds since then.

Also I believe she was saying living in a room and board care home is better than being homeless.

Living in a care home is the way to go, I believe. It’s crucial that ASS-P puts his main focus on stabilizing his health.

I can understand someone who is used to being independent and used to roaming about all the time feeling confined in a care home at first. For me it's what I am already used to. Except for going out for a walk I spend most of my time in my room at home. So with the care home I will just be transferring from the room I occupy presently to that room. As long as I have my bed, desk chair, desk, 32" TV/monitor and my laptop I'm usually a happy camper. I also have an easy chair but I mostly use my desk chair.

Yes it is my decision. My family has taken care of me long enough and I am an adult so I should have my own digs.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2019, 7:18 am

EzraS wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Yes it is my decision. My family has taken care of me long enough and I am an adult so I should have my own digs.

That’s good! I hope you like it.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2019, 8:50 am

Thanks! I'm sure it wont be Club Med, but as long as it's a roof over my head I'm sure it will be good enough.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2019, 6:58 pm

You don't have to justify going to college to anyone

Nobody can stop you from going to college.

The admission committee can only reject you from that school

Nobody can "help" you go to college

They can only give scholarship

You don't have to go to college

However, based on the description of your medical condition and living situation, it seems like, health and housing should take priority over college

College is not magic

College is not all it's cracked up to be

Seriously

:mrgreen:

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2019, 10:30 pm

...I missed it! :cry:

ortfatbalduglyman"]You don't have to justify going to college to anyone

Nobody can stop you from going to college.

The admission committee can only reject you from that school

Nobody can "help" you go to college

They can only give scholarship

You don't have to go to college

However, based on the description of your medical condition and living situation, it seems like, health and housing should take priority over college

College is not magic

College is not all it's cracked up to be

Seriously

:mrgreen:[/quote]

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!