Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2019, 1:59 pm

Hello!

I am bisexual and sexually attracted to both girls and guys (usually 60/40), HOWEVER at the same time I do not feel romantic attractions to any gender of person. Is this weird? I know that socially bisexuality is seen as ‘deviant’ and looked down apon (trust me, I know from experience). And not feeling romantic attraction is seen as ‘weird’.

So I have to ask, am I just a fluke? :(

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2019, 3:25 am

Austinfrom1995 wrote:
Hello!

I am bisexual and sexually attracted to both girls and guys (usually 60/40), HOWEVER at the same time I do not feel romantic attractions to any gender of person. Is this weird? I know that socially bisexuality is seen as ‘deviant’ and looked down apon (trust me, I know from experience). And not feeling romantic attraction is seen as ‘weird’.

You know you could always ask me :-)

Max1951
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Aug 2019, 7:34 am

Austinfrom1995 wrote:
Hello!

Bisexual is a valid sexuality. A person is just as much born that way as a heterosexual. So long as you don't feign a romantic connection where none exists, and let your sexual partners know you are just interested in sexual play, no harm need be done. Having said that, I would say that bisexuality is the most difficult sexuality to live with in today's world. How can you have a satisfying committed relationship with one person, when you need sexual fulfillment from both sexes? The institution of marriage can't work for bi people

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2019, 10:07 am

https://www.womenshealthmag.com/sex-and ... sexuality/
Recently married bisexual. Some bisexuals can choose to be with one partner.

Max1951
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Aug 2019, 10:31 am

BTDT wrote:
https://www.womenshealthmag.com/sex-and-love/a28496035/julianne-hough-sexuality/
Recently married bisexual. Some bisexuals can choose to be with one partner.

Got you beat. I'm gay and have been happily married to a straight woman for over 30 years. Generally, these things don't work out, but there are outliers in every statistic. Sometimes what we get out of a committed relationship is more important than quelling a sexual frustration.

But it is important for the straight partner of a bi or gay to realize that there will be a certain amount of sexual frustration going on in their partner. It is absolutely necessary not to forget about this. Bring it up occasionally to make sure that it is not causing an invisible problem. Deal with any problem that arises together, and with maximum honesty.

DianeAtwell
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Aug 2019, 4:52 am

Nicely explained! Couldn't agree more.