Page 3 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2019, 5:15 pm

Well they didn't invite him, so kind of weird he's mad at you for getting an invitation. If anything it seems it would make more sense to be angry about not being invited at the people who didn't invite him. I mean you literally didn't do anything aside go to an event you were invited to. I mean what exactly would you be apologizing for?

That said though, I am curious what exactly you mean by understanding his place in the family.

goatfish57
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In a village in La Mancha whose name I cannot recall

26 Jul 2019, 5:29 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Well they didn't invite him, so kind of weird he's mad at you for getting an invitation. If anything it seems it would make more sense to be angry about not being invited at the people who didn't invite him. I mean you literally didn't do anything aside go to an event you were invited to. I mean what exactly would you be apologizing for?

That said though, I am curious what exactly you mean by understanding his place in the family.

First, Skibum, your kind words are greatly appreciated.

Sweetleaf, Knowing his place means that he believes he has authority and respect to interfere with others. At work, there is always the fool who criticizes the decisions of others and pretends that they know best. It is similar, he is a small minded person who does not listen or respect the expertise of others. My Aunt is very rich, successful and well connected. His anger has no effect on her and she would throw him under a bus in a second. I was an easy target.

Apologize for not telling him that I was invited? Absolute rubbish.

Not Diagnosed, but have personality traits that are consistent with being neurodiverse. Confirmation bias may be an issue.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2019, 2:17 pm

How are you holding on?

goatfish57
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In a village in La Mancha whose name I cannot recall

02 Aug 2019, 3:03 pm

BenderRodriguez wrote:
How are you holding on?

Thanks BenderRodriguez, I am ok, making plans. Nothing dramatic, just a slow exit. There are legal implications to a full No Contact. I must make sure he has no claims on any of my assets.

There are others in the family that will be let go as well. I wrote a few letters, that have not been sent. Burning bridges is not my goal. They will be allowed contact, but I will not initiate. The letters state the I am withdrawing from my legal obligations to them.

I decided that all of my family responsibilities are now complete. This is a long story of death, suicide, jealousy, betrayal, money and old promises.

Thank you for your concern, my family does not seem to give a sh*t. No surprise there.

Not Diagnosed, but have personality traits that are consistent with being neurodiverse. Confirmation bias may be an issue.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2019, 7:20 am

People always go on about family being the most important thing in the world, but you would be surprised how many really don't give a toss about each other, except maybe when it comes to gossip and backstabbing :evil:

My point: try not to feel too bad about it, a lot of families are like yours - this isn't your fault.

And you're doing great, small steps and thinking things over :thumright:, come here any time you need to talk about it or feel down, many of us understand what you're going through.