For those of you who are employed, what do you do?

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2019, 6:33 pm

Those of you who are employed, what do you do for work?

What is your job title?
What are your responsibilities?
How many hours do you work?

Where have you worked in the past?

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2019, 6:55 pm

Mod
To interpret the rules as strictly and uncompromisingly as I like.
Lots

TV Industry

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2019, 4:55 am

Quote:

I clean buses.

Quote:
What is your job title?

Cleaner

Quote:

Going around making sure the buses are clean on the inside, and swept or mopped. I'm not the only cleaner, there are 2 others.

Quote:

Evenings (it's part-time). Generally not weekends.

Quote:

At a nursing home, but it wasn't what I wanted to do. I only took it because I needed a job and that was the only one that come up and they were willing to employ me. I enjoy what I do now though.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2019, 5:23 am

I'm a lawyer but work as an intern.

I mostly go to mediator's meetings (but what i'm going to say is very much rehearsed each time) go to the courthouse (bailiff's office mostly) whenever we receive money, prepare legal drafts( Though they're very short in our office so i don't have much problem) and sometimes attend court hearings (again, i don't even talk much in those, its very much rehearsed stuff)

I can't say i am good at this job as it's very fast paced, requires multitasking and a lot of instinctual learning without anyone showing you how to do things. I'm planning to quit soon though since my employer isn't satisfied with my efforts and even recently asked me if i have a "problem" and to see a psyciatrist. That was the last straw for me since i also work 45 hours a week and am literally always tired.

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2019, 5:58 am

The Grand Inquisitor wrote:

What is your job title?

bus driver

drive passengers to ther destination using a bus

4 days a week sometimes 5 but hours usually early morning til about mid afternoon

when I was early 20s I went to nursery schools to sing to the children and teach them nursery rhymes but they decided to stop paying people to do that
so I then decided to train to drive coaches and i done that for over a decade then left and joined a local bus company where I am now. im content with it because I love driving buses

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2019, 6:59 am

Accounting Assistant

low-key bureaucracy work, mostly mail and archiving.

6 hours a day

Nydcat
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Jun 2019, 7:10 am

I work in a long therm care hospital. Mostly old people. I clean up.

Redfish
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Jun 2019, 10:33 am

I am the service manager for a company that does alarms, audio/video systems and home automation. I have been with them for 11 years.

I repair and sometimes install systems, log and ensure that customers are contacted when they call the office as well as find solutions for our technicians when they have exausted their resources.

I am good with the technical aspects of the industry, bit I struggle with communication with both customers and employees. Sometimes offending people without realizing it. This is becoming more and more of a problem as the years go by.

In the past I have had many jobs. Meat cutter, helper for a mason, Kennel tech, landscaper ect. I never really found my place.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2019, 12:03 pm

I'm a data entry operator for a criminal justice entity, 35 hours a week. I am a civil servant. Been doing the job for 38 1/2 years.

I have to be somewhat circumspect about my duties---since there is some confidentiality which comes with my job.

I also work in a college library as a circulation clerk, part time, 20 hours a week. Been doing this job 2 years. Have contact with students and with faculty. Have to "present myself well."

Previously, I was a messenger, clerk/typist, order-picker and (as an adolescent), paperboy and delivery boy.

Stardust Parade
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Jun 2019, 3:48 pm

I am a nurse.

I work as a private duty nurse for an agency providing extended care skilled nursing to individuals (most of my patient have been children) in their homes. I stay with one client for 8 hours a day. I monitor patients for any changes in their health which is part of my assessment, give medication, do certain treatments if necessary, assist with daily activities of living, and anything else that is on the client's care plan. One of my clients has a tracheostomy, so I change his trache and provide trache care.

TL;DR- I provide skilled nursing care for individuals in their homes.

Previously I was a nurse's aide before and a short time after finishing nursing school. I worked in elderly people's home providing companionship, and assisted them with light house keeping, meal preparation, and taking them to appointments.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2019, 5:25 pm

My wife is an LPN. She used to be a CNA, too.

Glflegolas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Jun 2019, 5:59 pm

The Grand Inquisitor wrote:

What is your job title?

Research Assistant/Teaching Assistant

Developing new and unusual chemicals to make the world a better place for everyone/making sure that my students manage to finish their

Around 40 hrs/week in the summer, maybe 15-20 during the academic term? Once I graduate I'll do full time work most of the year.

Academia, that's pretty much about it.

Myers-Briggs personality: The Commander
Asperger's Quiz: 79/111, both neurodiverse and neurotypical traits present. AQ score: 23 Raads-r score: here

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2019, 6:14 pm

You're a pretty smart guy. I'm glad you're doing well.

JimSpark
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Jun 2019, 4:28 am

I'm a horticulturist. In other words, a gardener who gets paid for gardening work. I plant flowers, shrubs, trees, ornamental grasses, pretty much any plant. I then care for the plants, making sure they get enough water, and then make sure there are no weeds, trash or other unwanted things in the areas where I've planted.

I'm employed by a country club, and I also do similar work for free for a local non-profit who provides services and employment opportunities for younger autistic adults. I work 40 hours a week, sometimes a bit more if needed.

Before that, I worked in the financial industry, specifically for a company that provides retirement savings programs and mutual funds. After about 20 years in that industry, I burned out 8O

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2019, 6:25 am

I work at the library.

I am a Library Page

Duties: shelving books, pulling books from holds lists, opening/closing duties, book drops and other responsibilities

19 hours a week

I have been a proofreader at my town's newspaper and taught English at the junior college level.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2019, 8:41 am

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.