when was the closest you were with celebrities?

Page 2 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2019, 2:40 am

Johnny Unitas was one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time.

Great picture, Jimmy!

When I was in high school, us kids were pitching quarters to stoops on the Upped West Side in Manhattan. Tony Randell (Felix on “The Odd Couple,” took exception to this, and lectured us on the evils of gambling.

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2019, 4:13 am

Met :

Lazenby
Rigg
Lonsdale
Thiessen
Dor
Moonraker girls (Lonnberg , Bochenko)
Paluzzi
Maud Adams
Shane R
Star Wars : Mayhew , Baker , Dee Williams , Bulloch , McDiarmid......first two were sour pusses
Batman TAS (Warner , Slater , Barbeau)
Janssen
Angela Mao
Whang Ing Sik

Almost met :

Dion
J-Lo

Saw on stage :

Walken
Roger Moore

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2019, 4:30 am

I am famous... You have all met me in here! :D

It's rather odd. If someone asks me if I know someone famous I go "No, I don't think I have met him/her".

I sometimes may see a celebrity and assume that I know them because with prosoprognosia I tend to look for familiar signs to identify people, and if I think I know the person from somewhere, I will assume I do and maybe say hello expecting them to know me, so I can try to pick up from their voice and their accent who they are. The funny thing is that I have gotton to know someone in this way who I thought I knew from somewhere but didn't know. I assumed he was a school teacher but I got the faces muddled up and found he was a local dignitary who I had seen his picture in our newspaper.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2019, 5:18 am

...I lost something here :cry: .

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2019, 5:41 am

i bumped into ted turner literally, on a flight out of Atlanta to DC, in may 1985. he was flying in coach of all places! i briefly met the late actor James Doohan in a Tacoma [Washington] hospital, he was visiting his niece Deidre who lived there at the time.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2019, 5:51 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Johnny Unitas was one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time. Great picture, Jimmy! When I was in high school, us kids were pitching quarters to stoops on the Upped West Side in Manhattan. Tony Randell (Felix on “The Odd Couple,” took exception to this, and lectured us on the evils of gambling.

can you tell me what "evils" he described?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2019, 5:55 am

He believed that gambling leads to moral decrepitude and laxness.

He waved his finger at us, too.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2019, 6:07 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
He believed that gambling leads to moral decrepitude and laxness. He waved his finger at us, too.

the stuffed shirt was lucky he didn't get stomped by somebody. that was his old upper-class way of saying "get off my lawn!" :lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2019, 6:09 am

crossed paths with the late steve allen in las vegas at the sahara. he was wizened, all white hair, much smaller than i imagined him, somewhat stooped. this was in 1993.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2019, 6:24 am

Steve Allen was quite a tall man in his prime.

We just laughed at Tony Randall.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2019, 6:31 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Steve Allen was quite a tall man in his prime. We just laughed at Tony Randall.

he was quite a virile man, however. fathered a kid in his 70s with a woman 1/3 his age. left her a widow, however.

Nydcat
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Jun 2019, 8:29 am

I met James Rolfe (AVGN), he's really nice. I didn't expected him to be an introvert.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2019, 8:44 am

I got Davis Love the III's autograph at the 2005 U.S open at winged foot.

I also saw Chris Noth coming out of a broadway play once back when I was driving limos

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2019, 9:09 am

collectoritis wrote:
Met :

Lazenby
Rigg
Lonsdale
Thiessen
Dor
Moonraker girls (Lonnberg , Bochenko)
Paluzzi
Maud Adams
Shane R
Star Wars : Mayhew , Baker , Dee Williams , Bulloch , McDiarmid......first two were sour pusses
Batman TAS (Warner , Slater , Barbeau)
Janssen
Angela Mao
Whang Ing Sik

Almost met :

Dion
J-Lo

Saw on stage :

Walken
Roger Moore
we

...Do you mean Celene Dion or Dion DiMucci who was in Dion and the Belmonts? I would assume the former :? ...

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2019, 10:32 am

...When I was 10, my mother's sister from East Texas came to visit and the 3 of us went in from Westchester County onto New York City for a big visiting-fireman trip - we saw a matinee of a Broadway musical (Stephen Sondheim'd " Company ") and ate at this rather fancy restaurant,vrhe Russian Tea room - I don't know if it's there anymore - Anyway, while we were eating, Sidney Potier walked by our table.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2019, 10:35 am

The Russian Tea Room is open.