Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2019, 12:38 pm

I was at a place where you get free clothes today. One of the volunteers there said the place would get hit hard because Value Village is coming into town. Value Village pays charities to donate clothes to them. So unless the place I get free clothes is getting the clothes from charities I dont see what the problem is.

Went to the soup kitchen today. The owner said our whole table was being rowdy and we would all get kicked out if we didnt shut up. I wasnt doing anything. I was being quiet as a mouse. If she kicked me out I dont think it would be fair. She kicked other people out for the day for hardly doing anything.

I have a cold

Yeah I dont know what Id do without these charities. I dont make very much money and dont know where else to go and socialize. Hopefully Im just worrying too much.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2019, 12:45 pm

Sarahsmith wrote:
I was at a place where you get free clothes today. One of the volunteers there said the place would get hit hard because Value Village is coming into town. Value Village pays charities to donate clothes to them. So unless the place I get free clothes is getting the clothes from charities I dont see what the problem is.

Went to the soup kitchen today. The owner said our whole table was being rowdy and we would all get kicked out if we didnt shut up. I wasnt doing anything. I was being quiet as a mouse. If she kicked me out I dont think it would be fair. She kicked other people out for the day for hardly doing anything.

I have a cold

Yeah I dont know what Id do without these charities. I dont make very much money and dont know where else to go and socialize. Hopefully Im just worrying too much.

All is ok. :) Socialize... Umm. Women need that. :) Not sure... Maybe you can start something big like a new political party? Try to take over the world? They say nothing is impossible. Mind you. Maybe something a bit more of an adventure like buying an old bicycle and cycling somewhere for a holiday? :) Something different to look forward to...

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2019, 12:56 pm

Well the free clothes place could put on facebook or something that they need clothes donations for poor people. Im sure they will do that when Value Village comes into town.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2019, 5:26 pm

The downside of going to these charities is how negative people can be. People talk behind others backs and gossip. They talk about depressing things in the news. I never had that problem in places that cost money.

Maybe someday Ill get a part time job and wont need charities. Right now that seems impossible though, because working stresses me out. When I used to work I got so stressed out that I was sick all the time.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2019, 5:35 pm

Have a rest for now. And maybe you may find something to earn money that you can really enjoy that doesn't stress you out. And if you find it let me know what it is.. I want to see if I can try it as well. Haha! (I know we are all diffeeent so I doubt it works that way). Take it easy... :)

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2019, 6:49 pm

Do you guys think the free clothing place will still work when value village comes into town?

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2019, 6:53 pm

Not sure as in the UK things are different. I hope it still is ok for you where you live.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2019, 9:27 pm

I just stopped by to second the idea of bike rides, those always help me when I'm broke & confused. We could help you with bike maintenance online if you need. Rest assured I'm much more used to being poor than my current situation.

Do whatever it takes to get some fresh air & do what you must meanwhile.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen: