Are you likely to miss appointments if they're far away?

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Weirdness
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Jun 2019, 7:59 am

These organizations I can't understand... they think they can make an appointment weeks, months, sometimes years ahead and people magically remember when that small window arrives? And then they complain when people miss them, and say that that contributes to appointments being even longer... like a vicious cycle.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2019, 8:55 am

I’m bad about making appointments unless I write them down in an appointment book. I’ll miss them unless I do that.

Nydcat
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Jun 2019, 9:51 am

You need a smartphone and a physical calendar to take note and record them. Set two notifications on your smart phone 1 week, if it's more than a month from now then a day in advance (adjust according to what amount of time you need to remember in advance). Always keep the appointment card so you have proof if they screw up.

That's how I do it.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2019, 10:23 am

I write everything down on my calendar. I am happy that I can now make appointments of one kind or another for myself. Years ago, this wasn't true. I put my appointment card into my book for the appropriate month and date so I remember it.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2019, 12:25 am

Not at all; I always mark them down in a place that's easy to check.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2019, 1:07 am

I've never missed or forgotten an appointment. I keep them on the calendar on my phone. No brainer.

Sandpiper
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Jun 2019, 1:11 am

As others have said, write them down somewhere. I prefer old fashioned paper diaries rather than modern technology for this sort of thing. Not only do I write in the actual date of the appointment, I also make a note one week and two weeks in advance that the appointment is coming up.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2019, 4:12 pm

Not really, I find a strategically placed dry erase board most effective to write myself reminders....I mean if I didn't use the dry erase board I probably would miss appointments or forget important calls I need to make or emails I need to send. I know some people use phone apps to give reminders, but for me actually physically writing it down seems to work better, plus half the time when my phone makes a noise I just ignore it anyways. With writing it large on the dry erase board it makes it harder to ignore, since its in a spot I can't really go without seeing it.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2019, 4:16 pm

Sandpiper wrote:
As others have said, write them down somewhere. I prefer old fashioned paper diaries rather than modern technology for this sort of thing. Not only do I write in the actual date of the appointment, I also make a note one week and two weeks in advance that the appointment is coming up.

How do you remember to look in the diary?

If I tried that I would probably still need my dry erase board so I could write myself a reminder to check the diary.

Sandpiper
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Jun 2019, 8:45 am

Looking in the diary is one of the first things I do every day as a matter of routine.