Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

16 Jun 2019, 6:20 pm

I was lying in bed having fits over the horrible things that have happened in my life. The cat climbed down out of her cat tree, jumped onto my bed, put her paw over my lips, and proceeded to lick my hairline. After a while, she turned over and I lay my cheek on her and she purred healing purrs for a long time. I actually feel better. God bless cats.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2019, 7:05 pm

God gives us animals. And God can even tell them what to do! I am only here today because of a sealyham terrier who saved my life when I was little.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2019, 7:14 pm

There is nothing as heartwarming as the love of a pet. You are lucky to have her, Claradoon

Mountain Goat, I would be interested to know what the terrier did to save your life, if you're willing to share.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2019, 7:40 pm

Skilpadde wrote:
There is nothing as heartwarming as the love of a pet. You are lucky to have her, Claradoon

Mountain Goat, I would be interested to know what the terrier did to save your life, if you're willing to share.

Yes. When I was a baby I got in the habbit of chewing on my blanket. I was in my cot and had swollowed some of the blanket I was chewing. The dog jumped into the cot so would have cleared at least three times its height to do this, grabbed the blanket and tugged it out my mouth. My parents came in when they heard me choking and saw the dog had got there first.
That dog used to put itself inbetween me and the electric fire or a power point. How it knew power points could be dangerous my parents didn't know, as they had the dog since a puppy. A very intelligent dog. Also quite a guard dog which despite its ssmall size would take on anything that was a threat to the family. Once somwone had left the garden gate open, and our little sealyham got out. It went down the village square (Central part of the village) and someone used to let two german shepard dogs lose in the village which often caused havoc. Well, these two dogs which used to work as a pack decided to pick on our sealyham. Both german shephards had to be rushed to the vets. The sealyham had not only put them to flight, but it had ripped their stomaches open. The owner tried to get my parents to pay for the vets bills until people from the village told the owner about all the troubles their dogs had caused. The sealyham was ok.
Sealyhams were a tough dog. They were bread to go down badger holes so they had to either kill or chase badgers. They had to be small, fearce and without fear. Yet, around people they were the most loyal gentle dogs... As long as you didn't try to break in... Once, a neighbour threw a ball over the fence... My dad said if you do it come to the front door so the dog sees you are not a threat. Well, it happened one day and he nipped over the fence instead. The dog had him... He lept back over the fence with the dog still attached to his rear! But the dog was guarding the property... If the dog saw him go through from the front door, and we let him in, the dog would have been all licks towards him.

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2019, 8:25 pm

A cats purrs are very healing indeed.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2019, 11:19 am

My cat, Zum Zum, was a bosom companion to me during a depression which occurred when I was 15.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2019, 7:37 pm

Claradoon,

What a sweet story and how true! I had a very special cat like that. Her name was Samantha. Cats (and animals) truly are a lifeline in our time of need.

Borromeo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2019, 9:43 pm

I'm glad you had the right cat at the right time. This really was cheering to read.