Community Colleges Consider Building Dorms

Page 3 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2019, 5:51 am

I meant he should be wearing the jacket.

Maybe the fanny pack (British: bum bag) isn’t a bad idea after all.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2019, 10:43 pm

...When it came down to that Hott Team person suggesti g that J could, possibly, have not long to live...I thought of the money. E en if it wasn't enough to live on a long time before dying, it could maybe get me some months of fun, anyway - by which I mean reading, and catching up on movies I've never seen, etcetera - Real wild fun, right :( .
I could do that somewhere less expensive than the Bay Area/Santa Cruz - but where would I go?.How would I get there? How would I check it out - or just go blind :( ?

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2019, 10:53 pm

The area around Eureka isn’t as expensive.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2019, 12:09 am

...Thank you. How would, again, I look at that - Or if I wanted to go, get there! I can't drive! :| If I got a place, and wanted to get comfortable furniture and bedding, so I could at least be comfortable in my own home :cry: - how would I go shopping for this stuff? And how would I get in installed? It would be very expensive! :(
Now, my right arm has been aching, as if it's in danger of getting csrpsl tunnel syndtome :cry: . I'm trying to rest the arm, I got some extra bedding at Goodwill as a cushion for it (Though I'm straining, I think, the arm now writing this:) - but I'm this tight, small, metal bunk. If I just had a wide bed to rest.in :cry:.
I am so slow-walking now, with my basic area very costrsined :( . A highlight for me is going to one of a very few grassy spots in parks here in SF near me where I can.lie on the grass and read or rest when it's nice - But there's only a couple of spots like that by a pole/small tree/curb I can use to try and get myself back upright when I'm finished :( - with my crippled lower half :( . However,.Santa Cruz seems to have no spots at all like that in public land :( .

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2019, 2:12 am

I looked up "furnished apartments in Eureka" on my phone and found lots of listings. I think that is what it amounts to. Pick a few areas and see what is available in each. I would say take a bus to wherever, but you have all that stuff in storage so transportation is going to be difficult.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2019, 11:36 am

...I am in this shelter and can't take a night off and come back, I'll lose my place. I don't have the money to go to Eureka (or anywhere), and if I went there, given my being handicapped and not driving in a place entirely new to me, how am I supposed to get around? Or pay for somewhere to stay temporarily while I'm looking...

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2019, 8:05 pm

I did not mean going on a scouting trip. You would have to find out what is available as far as a place to live and local transportation etc and then transplant yourself to whatever city seems best. If you can not come up with any place that seems suitable you will have to stay where you are.

Last edited by EzraS on 10 Jul 2019, 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2019, 8:08 pm

I saw an apartment for $395 there.

It never gets over 80 degrees in Eureka.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2019, 8:16 pm

That is incredibly affordable, especially for a coastal city. Looks like a cool place to me. Looks very self contained like my town.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2019, 8:48 pm

The reason why I thought of it.....is because I might retire there.

I'm having more and more difficulty taking the heat of New York.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2019, 10:11 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

...Bluntly...Global warming, eh? :lol:
Eureka is rather in the pot-dealer/Mendocino zone, isn't it? Speaking of, uh, " blunt " :P :oops: .
Actually, IIRC, I had a long-ago pen pal in Eureka. I will admit that I was picturing a rather hot, dry, far from water area, and I thought that was maybe, weather-wise, not for me...

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2019, 10:46 pm

Eureka is right on the ocean. It rarely gets above 80, and below 35.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2019, 7:27 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
The reason why I thought of it.....is because I might retire there.

I'm having more and more difficulty taking the heat of New York.

Sounds like a good plan.

kraftiekortie wrote:
Eureka is right on the ocean. It rarely gets above 80, and below 35.

From what little I saw of it I am not sure I want to learn more and end up pining for the place.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2019, 9:47 am

:?:

kraftiekortie wrote:

...Would an apartment in Eureka at a not-fancy agent's level - what I could, perhaps, afford - aren't apartments almost exclusively advertised on Craigslist these days? Isn't that ,basically 200%0where an outsider would look?
Is there some possible environment sl factor making Eureka cheaper? Do the have lots of dangerous toxic waste? Flint-style tainted water? Lots of gang shoot-ups?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2019, 9:56 am

Zillow is one of the main apartment-getting websites. That's where I looked. There are many apartments in the $600-700 range.

Eureka doesn't have a bad reputation for gang violence or anything like that. There's no toxic waste dump. The water quality is good.

One reason why people don't like Eureka is because it doesn't get warm very often. The winters can be quite rainy.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2019, 5:59 pm

[quote="kraftiekortie"]Zillow is one of the main apartment-getting websites. That's where I looked. There are many apartments in the $600-700 range.

Eureka doesn't have a bad reputation for gang violence or anything like that. There's no toxic waste dump. The water quality is good.

One reason why people don't like Eureka is because it doesn't get warm very often. The winters can be quite rainy.[/

...I thought Craigslist was more or less 100 percent where modern-day lower-end apartment rental ads went. How do I find out other ones ~ In this case, of course, I have been told of Zillow.
Any apartment I get really has no be some degree of handicapped suitable ~ No real steps (or an elevator if it's so) and, really, some bit of bathroom and bedroom bars to grab on :( . This does leave me limited.