Why DO so many American Christians support Trump?

Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2019, 8:59 pm

I smell an agenda...

https://medium.com/@Shesreallyfat/white ... 773389398a

The Spades teach us to conquer all we claim.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2019, 9:10 pm

Many consider it their Christian duty to vote for a Republican (I’m talking about extremely conservative Christians!). It does mostly come down to abortion. They’d prefer almost any other situation as long as it doesn’t involve any pro-choice leanings.

I’ve seen this over and over. Many of them don’t even talk about anything else.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2019, 9:22 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
Many consider it their Christian duty to vote for a Republican (I’m talking about extremely conservative Christians!). It does mostly come down to abortion. They’d prefer almost any other situation as long as it doesn’t involve any pro-choice leanings.

I guess that explains exactly why Trump became a Republican candidate. He knew those people will support ANY Republican without question.

Unlike Democrats who are way too picky about their candidates and will halt their support for them over any kind of mistake that goes against their political beliefs.

It really sickens me the way conservative Christians support that tool for Satan. They preach about things like the importance of family and yet they're supporting a man who is locking immigrants up in internment camps seperating children from their parents.

And btw, since child wellfare services are not even investigating these facilities I wonder how much child abuse and child molestation is going on in these places at the hands of American guards in charge of running these prisons?

Just thought I'd mention that since nobody seems to really consider that s**t.

Trump is a monster. Impeaching the bastard would be too good for him!

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2019, 9:28 pm

The emphasis on avoiding abortions is odd considering that not much effort is going in to caring for the kids we’ve got...

Of course, lots of Republicans don’t like Trump, either, and aren’t happy with the current state of affairs.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2019, 9:37 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
The emphasis on avoiding abortions is odd considering that not much effort is going in to caring for the kids we’ve got...

Of course, lots of Republicans don’t like Trump, either, and aren’t happy with the current state of affairs.

I know. Not all Republicans are as bad as Trump and his fanatic MAGAs, and believe me not all Democrats are the epitome of goodness and fairness that they make themselves out to be.

I think a lot of Republucans supported him at first but now that they see the big mess he is creating they are thinking "Whoops..."

I'm surely not the only one who has noticed how quit Trump's supporters have been on the internet lately? Like the calm before the storm...

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2019, 8:27 am

Many Christians believe that it is their duty to vote for anyone who is against abortions, civil rights, equal rights for all, Muslims, science (esp., evolutionary science), and the so-called "Gay Agenda".

Go to any fundie church and listen to the prayers being spoken.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2019, 8:39 am

Fnord wrote:
Many Christians believe that it is their duty to vote for anyone who is against abortions, civil rights, equal rights for all, Muslims, science (esp., evolutionary science), and the so-called "Gay Agenda".

Go to any fundie church and listen to the prayers being spoken.

I grew up going to a Southern Baptist church. Believe me I know this. :P

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2019, 8:46 am

I think it has a lot to do with the fact that a lot of Christians feel rather ignored and excluded when it comes to politics. Trump seems to have figured that out, so after making some promises of support, sympathy and understanding...voila - he gained a rather larger group of voters.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2019, 8:55 am

I hope Trump loses those voters in those "swing states" which he won in 2016.

The 2020 election will probably hinge on the states which have usually voted Democratic since Reagan---but which voted for Trump in 2016. Wisconsin and Michigan, especially. Ohio and Pennsylvania as well. Even Florida, which always is extremely close. Obviously, if the Democrats win all those states, Trump is out.

Trump would be pretty much assured of all the non-coastal Western states, with the exception of New Mexico. Plus the entirety of the Great Plains. And the rural parts of most of the nation, even in the "blue states."

The Democrats are pretty much assured of most of the Western and Eastern coastal states, with the exception of the Carolinas and Florida.

The Democrats would have to work on the "swing states," but not let the other states know about this emphasis.

Remember: The candidates have to cater to the Electoral College more than purely the popular vote.

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 17 Jun 2019, 9:14 am, edited 4 times in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2019, 9:03 am

Sure, Donald Trump is ignorant of history and science; he is a braggart, a bully, a liar, a misogynist, a racist, and a womanizer; he is sensitive to criticism and obsessed with what people say about him; and he often contradicts himself -- sometimes in the same speech...

But he is AGAINST ABORTION, and that's all that matters!!

:roll: No ... it doesn't make sense to me, either ...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2019, 9:05 am

My cards told me that Trump is going to get his way in the end no matter what.

Even if he loses it won't fix the mess in our country. In fact things may even get worse after he leaves as our economy continues to crumble and tensions grow stronger.

But on the other hand it may even unite Americans together. Tragedy tends to breed Compassion and Sympathy.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2019, 9:25 am

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY wrote:
My cards told me that Trump is going to get his way in the end no matter what...
ALL of it, or just The Wall?

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2019, 9:56 am

Fnord wrote:
My cards told me that Trump is going to get his way in the end no matter what...
ALL of it, or just The Wall?

He stands a better chance of getting that accomplished if he wins a second term or somehow succeeds in becoming Dictator President for Life.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2019, 11:50 am

Twilightprincess wrote:

I guess that explains exactly why Trump became a Republican candidate. He knew those people will support ANY Republican without question.

Unlike Democrats who are way too picky about their candidates and will halt their support for them over any kind of mistake that goes against their political beliefs.

It really sickens me the way conservative Christians support that tool for Satan. They preach about things like the importance of family and yet they're supporting a man who is locking immigrants up in internment camps seperating children from their parents.

And btw, since child wellfare services are not even investigating these facilities I wonder how much child abuse and child molestation is going on in these places at the hands of American guards in charge of running these prisons?

It certainly is not a good way to handle the immigration issue. I mean there is quite a difference between thinking undocumented migrants should be sent back because they broke the law and thus creating a process to do that and be more strict on entry to this country. And being ok with children ripped from their parents arms to be held in essentially concentration camps for an indefinite amount of time.

And what to do with all those children? I don't see how someone can claim they are pro-life and be ok with children being locked up like that. Do they see pictures of those children and see hardened criminals here to murder and rape us all.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2019, 11:58 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:

It certainly is not a good way to handle the immigration issue. I mean there is quite a difference between thinking undocumented migrants should be sent back because they broke the law and thus creating a process to do that and be more strict on entry to this country. And being ok with children ripped from their parents arms to be held in essentially concentration camps for an indefinite amount of time.

And what to do with all those children? I don't see how someone can claim they are pro-life and be ok with children being locked up like that. Do they see pictures of those children and see hardened criminals here to murder and rape us all.

It may very well be the Holocaust all over again. But nobody in this country wants to put 2 + 2 together and they continue to live in denial. Whatever Trump plans to do with these children will not be good. Genocide? Slavery? Life in prison being abused and neglected?

Seriously, this stuff is exactly why I'm so ashamed of my country!

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2019, 12:06 pm

Short answer: there is a hierarchy to identity. There were more pressing (nationalist) issues than the un-Christian behaviour of Trump. People also need to let go of the southern Christian dumbass stereotype too - most know exactly what he is - a 'roided-up bull in a vegan, progressive Left-wing china shop, not the second coming.