Why DO so many American Christians support Trump?

Page 3 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2019, 2:59 pm

Prometheus18 wrote:
TheRevengeofTW1ZTY wrote:
I bet people like him would gladly put me to death if he could.

The ONLY reason Christians are not rounding people like me up to be killed is because they no longer have as much influence over the government as they used to have years ago.

That will all change one day. I have no doubt about it because it's what they all secretly want. The bastards.

Are you okay? I didn't want to intervene in this thread, but please don't abuse us Christians in the way you're doing. I understand that you're angry, but what you're saying is just plain wrong.

There are plenty of traditionalist Christians out there such as myself who, while we hold traditional views on social and moral issues, bear no ill will towards homosexuals whatever. I'm also not a fan of Trump at all, who is oafish and totally un-Christian in his beliefs and personal life. What you're suggesting is a cruel insult to all of us.

I really do hope you're feeling better.

You're right. I apologize. It was very sh***y of me.

The Spades teach us to conquer all we claim.

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2019, 3:05 pm

Prometheus18 wrote:

The ONLY reason Christians are not rounding people like me up to be killed is because they no longer have as much influence over the government as they used to have years ago.

That will all change one day. I have no doubt about it because it's what they all secretly want. The bastards.

Are you okay? I didn't want to intervene in this thread, but please don't abuse us Christians in the way you're doing. I understand that you're angry, but what you're saying is just plain wrong.

There are plenty of traditionalist Christians out there such as myself who, while we hold traditional views on social and moral issues, bear no ill will towards homosexuals whatever. I'm also not a fan of Trump at all, who is oafish and totally un-Christian in his beliefs and personal life. What you're suggesting is a cruel insult to all of us.

You've shown that you're a good man by offering an apology, and it's totally accepted. No hard feelings at all. :D

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2019, 3:12 pm

Prometheus18 wrote:
Prometheus18 wrote:

You've shown that you're a good man by offering an apology, and it's totally accepted. No hard feelings at all. :D

I don't know what came over me, but you were right. What I was saying was very cruel. I'm acting like a judgemental hypocrite. :( :oops:

I'm glad you accept my apology though. :heart:

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2019, 3:18 pm

Mikah wrote:
Probably the exact same thing Christians would do if the government allowed them total control of the country at the expense of everyone else's religous freedom.

Ridiculous. Educate yourself.

And what is so wrong about opening our borders?

It isn't rocket science. Disrupt the ethnic, religious or cultural demographics of a territory and you get ethnic, religious or cultural conflict of one kind or another. Trump is in power first and foremost as a direct reaction to lack of border control in years past. His successors will be worse. You don't open your borders unless you are either very dimwitted or willing to risk political instability, negative culture shifts and even civil war down the road for the questionable short term gains of immigration.

And there is still a lack of border control, just now with a lot of prison facilities/camps where families are routinely separated. We have a broken immigration system throwing money at a wall isn't going to solve it, more needs to be invested in an overhaul of the immigration system so that it actually functions. And doesn't allow families to be ripped apart, why can't they be kept together and then either allowed to stay in this country together or deported together. I don't get what the purpose of taking kids away from their parents is supposed to be?

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2019, 3:21 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Mikah wrote:
Probably the exact same thing Christians would do if the government allowed them total control of the country at the expense of everyone else's religous freedom.

Ridiculous. Educate yourself.

And what is so wrong about opening our borders?

It isn't rocket science. Disrupt the ethnic, religious or cultural demographics of a territory and you get ethnic, religious or cultural conflict of one kind or another. Trump is in power first and foremost as a direct reaction to lack of border control in years past. His successors will be worse. You don't open your borders unless you are either very dimwitted or willing to risk political instability, negative culture shifts and even civil war down the road for the questionable short term gains of immigration.

And there is still a lack of border control, just now with a lot of prison facilities/camps where families are routinely separated. We have a broken immigration system throwing money at a wall isn't going to solve it, more needs to be invested in an overhaul of the immigration system so that it actually functions. And doesn't allow families to be ripped apart, why can't they be kept together and then either allowed to stay in this country together or deported together. I don't get what the purpose of taking kids away from their parents is supposed to be?

I don't get it either. I find it very suspicious to be honest. :|

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2019, 3:36 pm

Prometheus18 wrote:
Prometheus18 wrote:

I don't know what came over me, but you were right. What I was saying was very cruel. I'm acting like a judgemental hypocrite. :( :oops:

There's a lot of nasty anti-christian rhetoric thrown around on this site, which is part of the reason I don't post much anymore. I suppose you just got innocently caught up with it.

I was actually very angry when I first read your posts above, but your humility and magnanimity have made me regret it.

As for immigration, I do believe that every country needs to control its borders, but I can't stand Trump's unprofessional, borderline-racist rhetoric about immigration.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2019, 3:37 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
I don't get what the purpose of taking kids away from their parents is supposed to be?

The number of people found attempting to cross the border posing as parents to children not their own might be a contributing factor. It's a tactic frequently used by child trafficers.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2019, 4:04 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
I don't get what the purpose of taking kids away from their parents is supposed to be?

The number of people found attempting to cross the border posing as parents to children not their own might be a contributing factor. It's a tactic frequently used by child trafficers.

I see no reason to punish the child victims of human traffickers for this. I mean placing them in facilities used for Japanese internment camps during World War 2 is pretty messed up. :|

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2019, 4:39 pm

Prometheus18 wrote:
Prometheus18 wrote:
Prometheus18 wrote:

There's a lot of nasty anti-christian rhetoric thrown around on this site, which is part of the reason I don't post much anymore. I suppose you just got innocently caught up with it.

I was actually very angry when I first read your posts above, but your humility and magnanimity have made me regret it.

As for immigration, I do believe that every country needs to control its borders, but I can't stand Trump's unprofessional, borderline-racist rhetoric about immigration.

Don't regret it, you were right. I was acting way out of line. :(

I don't agree with a lot of Christian beliefs for personal reasons. But that's no excuse for me to attack Christians.

Edit: I think I need to take a chill pill too. :oops:

Last edited by TheRevengeofTW1ZTY on 17 Jun 2019, 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2019, 4:45 pm

It dates back to the late 70s, when Jerry Falwell started the Moral Majority, where he blamed the Sexual Revolution and the hippies for all the social problems in America. The MM's endorsement of Reagan in 1980 cemented the marriage between Evangelicals and the GOP.

In 1994, when "Don't Ask Don't Tell" and the Brady Bill were major issues, then-freshman senator Jim Inhofe (R-OK) coined the term "God, guns and gays", a term which describes the typical GOP campaign strategy. Inhofe is also very infamous for his vehement denial of climate change.

As for 2016, I think the combination of Trump choosing Pence as his running mate, and his main opponent being a woman were major factors in getting Evangelical votes.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2019, 9:41 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:

I'm afraid I can't comment on what's going on there. All I know of it is what I heard from the msm - "Oh Em Gee Trumpitler is setting up child concentration camps." I suspect the truth is not quite so dramatic.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2019, 9:46 pm

Mikah wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

I'm afraid I can't comment on what's going on there. All I know of it is what I heard from the msm - "Oh Em Gee Trumpitler is setting up child concentration camps." I suspect the truth is not quite so dramatic.

You think that because you're either in denial or you simply don't give a damn about the situation.

That's all I'm going to say.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2019, 9:59 pm

You think that because you're either in denial or you simply don't give a damn about the situation.

No, I'm saying what I'm really thinking. I don't know enough. But without investigating I can think of good reasons to lock up children of border crossers. If you don't arrest the parents, there is no deterrant effect - the law is no longer law and just words on paper. If you arrest the parents what do you do with the children? If you let them in, everyone now has a trivially easy way to get their children into the country, albeit under the questionable protection of the country's social services - anchor babies 2.0 - something the administration wants to stop. If you send them back without their guardian(s) they are at extreme risk. Locking them up to keep an eye on them while you sort things out with the Mexican authorities is the only sane thing to do.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2019, 11:49 pm

Why DO So Many American Christians Support Trump?

Because he's a good Christian :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2019, 1:44 am

Mikah wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Didn't you just have to apologize for lashing out needlessly in this very thread? Your readiness to compare everything Trump et al. does to Hitler and the Nazis and then calling others bad people for not agreeing with you will not do you any favours.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2019, 6:47 am

Wolfram87 wrote:
Mikah wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Didn't you just have to apologize for lashing out needlessly in this very thread? Your readiness to compare everything Trump et al. does to Hitler and the Nazis and then calling others bad people for not agreeing with you will not do you any favours.

Yeah you're right, I'm in the wrong (again).

But I'm still entitled to my opinions about Trump AND his followers. I am not backing down on my criticism of the f****d up s**t that Dictator wannabe does just because the MAGAs here don't like it.