Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Mayel
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Jun 2019, 4:42 am

Has anybody here taken part in the Stroop-Test (a test with words and colours)?

If so, did your results show low or fast processing speed?

I once had to take the Stroop-Test for a study.
And the persons who tested me told me I had the fastest processing speed of all the persons they had tested (including NTs) and I got more accurate with every try, I got the smallest failure rate, as well.

I always wanted to investigate what that might mean and wanted to search for studies that show something similar in their controls or their studied sample. So if anybody knows something about this, that would be appreciated, as well.

Exuvian
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2019, 10:14 pm

There are several theories as to why it's difficult (for most people). All have something to do with focus of attention and/or processing speed. Saying the color is supposed to require more focus than reading the word (which happens almost automatically). So if you can suppress saying the word and blaze through naming colors at high speed, you're exceptionally good at processing the color and focusing on that element alone.

Did you try it the other way, reading the word and ignoring the text color? If so, how well did you do?

Mayel
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Jun 2019, 12:57 am

Thank you for replying.
I don't remember. I took this test 5 years ago. I was participating in a study that included a cognitive evaluation.
It might or might not have been both ways.

dyadiccounterpoint
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Jun 2019, 9:09 am

I took it when I was starting to question my neurotype, although not in a clinical setting.

My results were congruent with what one sees in ASD individuals. It did show fast processing speed, but I can't recall the exact result at this time.

We seldom realize, for example, that our most private thoughts and emotions are not actually our own. For we think in terms of languages and images which we did not invent, but which were given to us by our society - Alan Watts