Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2019, 5:15 am

Quote:
There is a charity called “Children with Autism Deserve Education“. C.A.D.E or CADE for short. I ran across them a few years ago and saw some expenses in their tax forms that I felt were, let’s say, interesting. So they stuck in my mind and I decided recently to check into them again.

The name suggests a strong focus on education. I know many who will take issue with the use of “with” autism. That aside, helping autistic kids get access to education is a good thing. The vast majority of the money I donate to charity goes to exactly that cause–providing education opportunity for autistic kids.

The tax records indicate that C.A.D.E. spends a lot of money on non educational projects. On alternative medicine, for example. It looks like they’ve spent money on vaccines-cause-autism research. And if I were donating money just based on the name of the org, I’d not be happy with that.

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/LeftBrai ... XbnGNAICs/

Borromeo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2019, 9:57 am

Thank you for bringing this up. Charities need monitoring just like governments.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2019, 10:11 am

firemonkey wrote:
Quote:
... The tax records indicate that C.A.D.E. spends a lot of money on non educational projects. On alternative medicine, for example. It looks like they’ve spent money on vaccines-cause-autism research. And if I were donating money just based on the name of the org, I’d not be happy with that.
That's the whole idea -- lure people in with a socially-conscious name (P.E.T.A., for example), never tell them what you really do, take their money, and maybe send back a cheap key fob or coffee mug as a 'reward'.

It's not about being charitable; it's about parting fools from their money.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.