Might get to socialize with someone tomorrow

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2019, 9:02 pm

Someone I used to know in high school told me she might be able to meet up with me tomorrow. We've never hung out outside school and only talked a few times back during high school but she friended me when I used to have Facebook (I still do but I don't get on it regularly). She's married and has a child so I don't have any romantic hopes for her. I want a friend but I do fear what happened with my ex-friends will happen all over again.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2019, 12:11 am

What happened with your ex-friends?

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2019, 12:17 am

The Grand Inquisitor wrote:

They both grew to see me as a loser and kicked me to the curb.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2019, 7:33 am

Marknis wrote:
The Grand Inquisitor wrote:

They both grew to see me as a loser and kicked me to the curb.

It sounds like they were not your friends in the first place because anyone who rejects you because of your situation is shallow. If they were anything of good friends, they probably would have offered to help you get a better job, help you find a fit that's right for you. They also would have stuck by your side no matter what.

I have had "Friends" like that in my life who did the same thing with me when I was younger but they turned out to be losers.

As for this new woman, I would give her a try and see how well you both get along. I also like the idea of learning to be your own friend and that starts by inviting that person who you see in the mirror. Then you go and do things together that you both approve of.