Four people injured in Toronto victory parade shooting

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2019, 7:35 am

BBC

Quote:
Four people were injured in a daytime shooting in Toronto during a crowded victory rally for the Toronto Raptors basketball team, police say.

Thousands of sports fans were packed into the city centre in Nathan Phillips Square when shots rang out, sending many scurrying for cover.

The event was only briefly interrupted as officials calmed the crowd.

Three people were arrested. Authorities have asked the public to send in footage to help their investigation.
Police tweeted that none of the victims had life-threatening injuries, though two were seriously wounded.
They also said they recovered two firearms from the scene.

Up to two million fans were estimated to have gathered in downtown Toronto on Monday for a parade in tribute to the basketball team

Mr Trudeau later tweeted that he hoped for a "speedy recovery" for those injured.
"We won't let this act of violence take away from the spirit of today's parade," he said.

Toronto Mayor John Tory said he was "disappointed" the event was marred by gun violence.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman