Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2019, 8:48 am

I believe that our actions have consequences, and sometimes our inaction (not doing what we should do) has consequences as well.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2019, 8:55 am

IstominFan wrote:
I believe that our actions have consequences, and sometimes our inaction (not doing what we should do) has consequences as well.

I agree, and sometimes even doing things with GOOD intentions can have negative consequences.

As the saying goes: "The road to Hell is pathed with good intentions".

The Spades teach us to conquer all we claim.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

21 Jun 2019, 4:43 am

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY wrote:
IstominFan wrote:

I agree, and sometimes even doing things with GOOD intentions can have negative consequences.

That's true. I believe actions tend to have consequences but I don't believe we can always predict the consequences & I don't believe doing good guarantees you get good back & that doing bad guarantees you get bad back in return. There's lots of really good people who are cr@p magnets. They try to do rite by society & bad things constantly happen to them. The opposite is true too. There's lots of bad people who want to screw others over in order to get ahead who regularly get rewarded for it. I do believe we should try to do good instead of bad thou but because it's the rite thing to do.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 4:49 am

nick007 wrote:
IstominFan wrote:

That's true. I believe actions tend to have consequences but I don't believe we can always predict the consequences & I don't believe doing good guarantees you get good back & that doing bad guarantees you get bad back in return. There's lots of really good people who are cr@p magnets. They try to do rite by society & bad things constantly happen to them. The opposite is true too. There's lots of bad people who want to screw others over in order to get ahead who regularly get rewarded for it. I do believe we should try to do good instead of bad thou but because it's the rite thing to do.

Exactly. I think it also has to do with luck (something I also believe in). Some people are just luckier than others no matter how good or bad a person they are.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 6:35 am

nick007 wrote:
IstominFan wrote:

Exactly. I think it also has to do with luck (something I also believe in). Some people are just luckier than others no matter how good or bad a person they are.
I kinda believe in luck & I do use the terms Lucky & Unlucky but I don't believe in things like lucky charms or lucky rituals other than that they may help the person's confidence which could help them succeed. I don't believe in unlucky things either thou I believe there are some things that people tend to believe or associate with being unlucky that really common sense safety concerns rather than anything to do with luck.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 7:12 am

nick007 wrote:
nick007 wrote:
IstominFan wrote:

I kinda believe in luck & I do use the terms Lucky & Unlucky but I don't believe in things like lucky charms or lucky rituals other than that they may help the person's confidence which could help them succeed. I don't believe in unlucky things either thou I believe there are some things that people tend to believe or associate with being unlucky that really common sense safety concerns rather than anything to do with luck.

I agree with most of that except the last part. Sometimes bad luck happens to people and it's not their fault and there's no way to really prevent it. Like if a tornado destroys your home or you are born with a condition like muscular dystrophy.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 12:03 am

nick007 wrote:
nick007 wrote:
IstominFan wrote:

I agree with most of that except the last part. Sometimes bad luck happens to people and it's not their fault and there's no way to really prevent it. Like if a tornado destroys your home or you are born with a condition like muscular dystrophy.
I agree with you on that. I just don't believe that passing a black cat or accidentally breaking a mirror or something would of caused the tornado or whatever.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 5:10 am

nick007 wrote:
nick007 wrote:
nick007 wrote:
IstominFan wrote:

I agree with you on that. I just don't believe that passing a black cat or accidentally breaking a mirror or something would of caused the tornado or whatever.

Good point, but I believe there's two types of bad luck: the kind we can't see coming to us and the kind we bring on ourselves through choices we make.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 6:06 am

No, I don't believe in karma. Things happen if they're going to happen. Doing something bad in your life won't change the universe.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 11:50 am

Personally, the concept of 'Karma' has "come to mind" lately (which seems natural in these ever crazier times we live in)!

Every other decision (however humble in scope) seems to invite the concept of Karma (even posting.......here on WP!). For example, I'm often deliberating decisions imagining such things as, "nah this would be bad Karma to do.......such and such." Or, situations which I'm doing my tiniest parts to make the world a tinier better place, "yes, this would be good Karma to do.........such and such!"

Could this discussion thread bring much needed good Karma to WP??

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 11:53 am

JustFoundHere wrote:
Personally, the concept of 'Karma' has "come to mind" lately (which seems natural in these ever crazier times we live in)!

Every other decision (however humble in scope) seems to invite the concept of Karma (even posting.......here on WP!). For example, I'm often deliberating decisions imagining such things as, "nah this would be bad Karma to do.......such and such." Or, situations which I'm doing my tiniest parts to make the world a tinier better place, "yes, this would be good Karma to do.........such and such!"

Maybe :chin:

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2019, 3:31 pm

JustFoundHere wrote:

Maybe :chin:

Good Karma here on WP can only happen with sentiments beyond mere 'Maybes.' A dozen or so more decisive posts to this thread might just provide that much-needed boost of.........good Karma!