Page 2 of 9 [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2019, 6:17 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
What do you like in a woman, Marknis?

This might be my last post since some people are trying to get me banned.

I just want a partner who shares common interests with me and doesn't expect me to have a "Good Christian man" character because it wouldn't be authentic but a facade. I like women who are into more alternative interests such as science fiction instead of shopping at Macy's.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2019, 6:20 pm

There are plenty of women here who like science fiction. They are out there in the world, too.

It's not a really "weird" interest. It's cool because it forms the basis for intellectual conversations.

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 19 Jun 2019, 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2019, 6:22 pm

Marknis wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

I just want a partner who shares common interests with me and doesn't expect me to have a "Good Christian man" character because it wouldn't be authentic but a facade. I like women who are into more alternative interests such as science fiction instead of shopping at Macy's.

Are there any other specific traits you would like in a partner?

There are lots of nonreligious women who like science fiction.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2019, 6:25 pm

I would imagine most women who like science would likely be non religious. Not all, but most.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2019, 6:27 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
I would imagine most women who like science would likely be non religious. Not all, but most.

He’s talking about science fiction. Men tend to like science fiction more than women, but that’s not always the case. I’m no stranger to Star Trek, Star Wars, Jules Verne, or H.G. Wells.

Last edited by TwilightPrincess on 19 Jun 2019, 6:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2019, 6:28 pm

I've met many people who like both science fiction and religion.

Pope John Paul II was a secular philosopher, as well as a Catholic. He got a PhD in a secular subject.

Jules Verne predicted some things in the 1860s that have come true today.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2019, 6:32 pm

What's your famous science fiction work, Marknis?

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2019, 6:34 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
There are plenty of women here who like science fiction. They are out there in the world, too.

It's not a really "weird" interest. It's cool because it forms the basis for intellectual conversations.

I know a few who do. They are also married or have boyfriends. Sadly, I encounter more women who like romance, Christian based, James Patterson, and Janet Evanovich novels than ones who like futuristic, non-religious influenced, William Gibson, and David Brin novels.

No, it's not weird at all to me but a lot of women throughout my life either don't read it or even turn up their nose to it.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2019, 6:36 pm

A lot of people like lots of different genres rather than just one. That’s how I am, anyway.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2019, 6:37 pm

This is why Austin is the place for you.

You have plenty of women who are into science fiction there.

I'm sure there are events at the University of Texas where you can enjoy yourself, and perhaps talk to a woman.

I like science fiction. But I also like Victorian literature, American Realism, medieval literature, and history.

SportsGamer35728
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Jun 2019, 9:27 pm

A bit of an oxymoron, but a preppy/athletic girl with a nerdy sense of humor who also likes classic rock :P

DemophobicKlingon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Jun 2019, 9:24 am

I really have had not had that much experience so this may change with more experience....

Someone who accepts me for who I am. I would want common ground with the person but not to the point where we are so similar that we are like genderbent versions of ourselves, to have differences that compliment each other. Someone who will respect my wishes for the future and let me have my crazy pet collection. It's him and the pets, or just the pets. While he has a bit of a snarky edge to him, to have a sweet side. Someone who knows when I need comfort and when to back off.

I would want a guy who is tolerant that I may be a bit slower to process things, and doesn't have a big phone need because I dislike the phone.Some one who will listen to me, and not rush me into something I don't want. I would want him to have a sense of humor and a bit of an edge to him, very intelligent. Someone who I found physically attractive definitely needs to be in there. Someone who is creative and adventurous, will put me above everyone, but understand when I need my alone time.

INTP 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2019, 10:25 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
Marknis wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Are there any other specific traits you would like in a partner?

There are lots of nonreligious women who like science fiction.

I would like a partner who also likes anime, manga, comics, video games, and alternative music. My mother and grandmother tried to set me up with two women they knew but the one my mother tried to set me up with only watched movies like The Prince of Egypt and listened to contemporary Christian music while the one my grandmother tried to set me up with wanted to start going back to church, had no knowledge of the things I listed above, and listened to only Kelly Clarkson.

I definitely want a partner who is physically attractive and doesn't think not being a "Christian" (Someone who says they are even if they don't actually try to live a life like Christ) makes you a flawed person. I like women who break the mold and don't let social expectations rule their lives.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2019, 10:34 am

I've always liked Kelly Clarkson....

I wouldn't think "wanting to go back to church" would be a dealbreaker---unless she expects you to go with her--or she becomes fanatical about it.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2019, 10:37 am

What’s wrong with Kelly Clarkson? Would listening to Kelly Clarkson be a deal breaker?

How would you define “physically attractive?” Just curious because this seems to vary drastically from person to person.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2019, 10:41 am

I think of Kelly Clarkson as more of a mainstream rock-type singer than a country singer. I believe she goes into different genres. She's pretty cool.

She does come from Texas.