Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2019, 7:52 pm

Regardless if you love him or hate him (like I do). Does anybody else feel like he's going to win the election again no matter what? He may be behind in the polls, but that has never meant a damn thing in past elections.

I have confidence in my cards that he will get exactly what he wants in the end no matter what the news says about him. The King of Clubs is an ambitious and shrewd businessman. ♧ :study:

The Spades teach us to conquer all we claim.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2019, 8:37 pm

I think a second term is unlikely.

The Dems are more mobilized than ever, especially with the family separations at the border and the very draconian abortion laws passed in several states.

Another major factor is the candidacy of Bill Weld. Any incumbent with a primary challenger in his/her own party is in trouble.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2019, 9:35 pm

I wish I could be more optimistic about this situation...

Even if Trump doesn't win the second time I imagine things are going to continue to get a lot worse for us.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2019, 11:41 pm

Most presidents get second terms. I don’t expect trump to be the exception

doolaloo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Jun 2019, 12:20 am

this country is already over .. so... more upcoming clumsiness from [neo]liberal centrists if dems win.. and trumpsters wont leave.. and progressives are coming.. the fall of america will be a long process of self inflicting and inflicting upon others because america simply refuses to fall..

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2019, 3:17 am

In 2020 there will be these factors that did not exist in 2016
1. As bad as the Democrat candidate will be that candidate will not be Hillary.
2. In 2016 there was the near universal belief Trump could not win and even if somehow he did the responsibilities and dignity of the office would make him more “presidential”. Those ideas are not going be to in play in 2020.

Despite all the noise his popularity has remained pretty much around 42 percent. In 2016 he got 46 percent so he somehow has gain these 4 points. With that 46 percent in 2016 he still had win in just the right few places to win the electoral college so even with 46 percent of the vote he is unlikely to win again.

Considering the above even if for some godforsaken reason Hillary is nominated again it is likely she would win a rematch.

2016 was a catastrophic failure by the Democrats. That failure would be minor in comparison to blowing it in 2020. Yet many of us have a queasy feeling the Democrats will somehow find a way to do the seemingly impossible. Yesterday was an example why. Congress spent part of the day discussing reparations for slavery and the other democratic candidates spent the day pillorying Biden for talking about working with segregationist colleagues back in the day. No matter what the merits of slavery reparations outside of promising to double taxes there is probably nothing more toxic politically.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2019, 4:11 am

I have a feeling history will repeat itself and the democrat candidate will put more focus on Trump rather than on him/herself. Between that and the Mueller investigation being dragged out, it's going to be TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP splashed all over the place.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2019, 7:58 am

I'm not an American, but nonetheless I hope Andrew Yang gets to be your president. He has a vision that I think reckons with the looming prospect of automation better than any I've encountered, he engages with people who wish to speak to him about his ideas and doesn't bother demeaning his opponents because he believes his ideas stand on their own merits. He doesn't even mind if he doesn't get the presidency as he can bring automation-related subjects in to be discussed among those in power.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2019, 8:10 am

The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
I'm not an American, but nonetheless I hope Andrew Yang gets to be your president. He has a vision that I think reckons with the looming prospect of automation better than any I've encountered, he engages with people who wish to speak to him about his ideas and doesn't bother demeaning his opponents because he believes his ideas stand on their own merits. He doesn't even mind if he doesn't get the presidency as he can bring automation-related subjects in to be discussed among those in power.

Hmm, I think I want to read more about him.

But honestly... and I might sound like hypocrite for this seeing as how I fall for it too... most Americans seem to vote for their politicians based not on their own merits but basically because of the mud-slinging they do to convince you that the other opponent is a worse option.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2019, 8:20 am

That’s all politics, really.....

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2019, 8:49 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
That’s all politics, really.....

That's why I don't trust politicians. They brainwash us for their own selfish agendas.

"Ask not what I can do for you! Ask instead what you can do to help me destroy all who oppose me!"