Reparations for slavery debated in Congress

Page 3 of 6 [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 9:13 am

Drake wrote:
A total joke. American blacks today are already big beneficiaries of slavery. Because they're living in America, not Africa.

There's a racist comment if I ever did read one. :bounce:

The Spades teach us to conquer all we claim.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 9:20 am

Typical Racist American Reasoning:

"You blacks should be GREATFUL that we brought you to this country in chains and used to beat you with whips, rape your women to produce more slaves, and lynch your people for crimes that any white person could get away with because at least now you people get to live in AMERRRRUUUCCCA!! ! instead of horrible Africa!"

:roll:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 9:27 am

America is no panacea...and Africa is no cesspool.

West Africa was a bountiful land at the time of the slave trade.

There are many blacks today who feel like Kunta Kinte (from “Roots”) who had his foot cut off because he escaped from slavery so much.

Slowly, slowly, this feeling is dissipating. And this dissipating is the result of much hard work and activism.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 9:33 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
America is no panacea...and Africa is no cesspool.

West Africa was a bountiful land at the time of the slave trade.

There are many blacks today who feel like Kunta Kinte (from “Roots”) who had his foot cut off because he escaped from slavery so much.

Slowly, slowly, this feeling is dissipating. And this dissipating is the result of much hard work and activism.

Agreed. Not all of Africa is as horrible as the American media makes it out to be (and neither are the Latin American countries).

South Africa is actually a very beautiful place.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 9:41 am

Hmmm. Weren't the slaves, sold in the slave trade by Africa, already slaves in Africa? I have heard many blacks not only say that but also say that yes, it was much better for them to have been sold to america, one of the first places to free slaves, than remain in Africa as slaves. Do slaves still exist in Africa to this day? I have heard that but I'm not sure if that is true. I've heard that slaves still exist in many places. Either way, what drake wrote is not racist, it's truth, and one again I have heard quite a few black people say the same thing.

While some slave owners in america were pretty evil, I have heard that most slave owners weren't that bad and most people did not own slaves.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 9:47 am

Crimadella wrote:
Hmmm. Weren't the slaves, sold in the slave trade by Africa, already slaves in Africa? I have heard many blacks not only say that but also say that yes, it was much better for them to have been sold to america, one of the first places to free slaves, than remain in Africa as slaves. Do slaves still exist in Africa to this day? I have heard that but I'm not sure if that is true. I've heard that slaves still exist in many places. Either way, what drake wrote is not racist, it's truth, and one again I have heard quite a few black people say the same thing.

While some slave owners in america were pretty evil, I have heard that most slave owners weren't that bad and most people did not own slaves.

What he said was racist and you know it. Those are very piss poor excuses.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 9:48 am

Many bad things have happen to many groups within American history. I remeber hearing something about a large portion of Irish immigrants were building railroads through the mountains and rather than getting paid for their work they were murdered.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 9:52 am

Racism isn't pointing out obvious truths, racism is hating a group of people simply because of their race. Would you suggest that it would had been better for the African slaves to remain in Africa where they would remain slaves for god knows how long, and very possibly be treated on average much worse than they were treated here? I hear things about history, never really been into it, but what I have heard is war criminals or tribes they disliked in Africa were rounded up and became slaves.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 9:59 am

Some of my ancestors didn’t even have the luxury of becoming slaves, they were just eliminated, women and children stomped to death so they could save ammunition. What I mean as luxury of being slaves is, I see it much better to be a slave and eventually freed versus nearly wiped out completely.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 10:00 am

Just out of curiousity, who exactly were these black people that told you "Gee I'm sure glad my ancestors were brought to this country as slaves while not having the same equal rights as white folks and being called n******"?

That sounds like a load of BS. :roll: I have never once met a black person who claimed that. If a white person tried convincing them of that they would not be too happy about it and would kick their ass if they thought they could get away with it.

I think I better leave this topic before you piss me off with your absurd BS again...

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 10:03 am

It's the princibles of degrees. Of course being a slave is bad any way you spin it, but...

It's better to be a slave for ten years then have freedom than to be a slave for life. It is better to be slaves for a few generations than to be slaves forever.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 10:14 am

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY wrote:
Just out of curiousity, who exactly were these black people that told you "Gee I'm sure glad my ancestors were brought to this country as slaves while not having the same equal rights as white folks and being called n******"?

That sounds like a load of BS. :roll: I have never once met a black person who claimed that. If a white person tried convincing them of that they would not be too happy about it and would kick their ass if they thought they could get away with it.

I think I better leave this topic before you piss me off with your absurd BS again...

Being truthful isn't absurd. Mostly it's black conservatives that say that, or successful black people that aren't conservatives. I wouldn't really see you ever listening to a black conservative discuss black issues, perhaps that's why you have never heard such. And honestly, what you said is much closer to racism, as if black people can't think on their own, if they have an opinion that differs from mainstream they are either dumb ( while all the ones I heard say such are successful and educated) or the white man manipulated them, because they are that dumb, or they are self hating blacks. In other words, if they don't buy into all the left wing BS there must be something wrong with them. Oddly when I hear them discuss such things, they are often very versed in history, successful, intelligent and full of facts to back up why they view things as they do.

Why can't you ever seem to have a conversation with someone who disagrees with you? As I said, rascism has a specific meaning, hating on a group of people specifically because of what race they are. Saying that being sold to america and eventually freed versus remaining slaves in Africa has absolutely nothing to do with hating blacks, thus it has nothing to do with racism.

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 12:34 pm

Thank you Crimadella.

It's no more racist than comparing being born in different American states. Would you rather be born in Hawaii or Alabama? This is the top life expectancy state vs the bottom, and the gap is 5.9 years. Would you like to play this game with Africa? :)

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 12:57 pm

So you're racist against Hawaiians too huh?

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 1:12 pm

Frankly I'd rather be born in Hawaii simply because it's not dominated by racist Confederate flag-waving rednecks.

My father was Hawaiian btw.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 2:10 pm

It's incredible that you actually think like that.