Page 4 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2019, 12:26 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Bad karma results in bad afterlife.

I think the usual interpretation is that it leads to a bad reincarnation. Which is why poor and sick people deserve it, because they were clearly bad people in previous lives.

I'm not so sure about that.

Hmm... I do believe in karma, but more as a consequence for our choices. Doing good things can sometimes have bad consequences and vice versa.

I don't believe people who live miserable lives "deserve it".

The Spades teach us to conquer all we claim.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2019, 12:50 pm

That doesn't seem like logical application of the principle, though. If doing bad things this life will cause you to have a worse situation in your next life, does it not then follow that people in a bad situation in this life were bad people in previous lives?

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2019, 1:01 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:
That doesn't seem like logical application of the principle, though. If doing bad things this life will cause you to have a worse situation in your next life, does it not then follow that people in a bad situation in this life were bad people in previous lives?

Like I said, I suspect that's not how it really works. I think true karma only effects us in our current lifetime.

Cause and Consequences.

And there may not actually be an afterlife, but there is at least a happy peace in dying once the pain is over. All our worldly desires and worries are disgarded.

The only true "hell" is the world we live in now, and no it's not really a punishment for "bad people". But there has to be a reason why we exist on this lonely miserable little planet. Why ARE we aware of the world around us?

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2019, 1:07 pm

Then what you're talking about does not seem to be karma.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2019, 1:10 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:
Then what you're talking about does not seem to be karma.

What would it be then?

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2019, 1:18 pm

Like you said, cause and effect. that doesn't need all that much in terms of spiritual explanation. Karma is closely tied to your samsara, the cycle of rebirth, and is loosely the goodness and badness your (for lack of a better term) immortal soul gathers up which determines where you're reborn next, until you've managed to get so much goodness that you don't have to anymore and instead go on to nirvana and break the cycle.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2019, 1:19 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:
Like you said, cause and effect. that doesn't need all that much in terms of spiritual explanation. Karma is closely tied to your samsara, the cycle of rebirth, and is loosely the goodness and badness your (for lack of a better term) immortal soul gathers up which determines where you're reborn next, until you've managed to get so much goodness that you don't have to anymore and instead go on to nirvana and break the cycle.

Hmm...

I'm not sure if I really believe in karma then, but I believe in cause and consequences. :)

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2019, 1:22 pm

Makes sense.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

28 Jun 2019, 2:06 pm

Has the OP considered that there may be any other worlds besides this one? In other words, when life becomes unlivable on this planet there may be many planets on which new birth is happening all the time, in different forms that we might not even recognize if we had to see it in our current guise.

So, if there is such a cosmic railway station or airport speeding us on our way to the next life, maybe it's not only this blue planet we know so well. Perhaps souls can even travel back as well as forwards in linear time... just like you get time slips where people have suddenly found themselves in a different time.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2019, 2:08 pm

envirozentinel wrote:
Has the OP considered that there may be any other worlds besides this one? In other words, when life becomes unlivable on this planet there may be many planets on which new birth is happening all the time, in different forms that we might not even recognize if we had to see it in our current guise.

So, if there is such a cosmic railway station or airport speeding us on our way to the next life, maybe it's not only this blue planet we know so well. Perhaps souls can even travel back as well as forwards in linear time... just like you get time slips where people have suddenly found themselves in a different time.

That does sound interesting too. The universe is endless after all. :chin:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2019, 4:56 am

Misslizard wrote:
I had two c-sections,I didn’t glow after childbirth.Maybe a week later after recovering.

ouch. hope you got adequate pain relief.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

29 Jun 2019, 5:06 am

Luckily she doesn't have to worry about that anymore!

Not surprising to find how tough women are. Could we guys handle it?

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2019, 6:02 am

envirozentinel wrote:
Luckily she doesn't have to worry about that anymore!

Not surprising to find how tough women are. Could we guys handle it?

I think every woman handles childbirth pain differently depending on their pain tolerance. My mom has a very high pain tolerance and her births were easy, but for some women they describe the pain as unbarable.

I'm sure us guys are no different. Some have a high pain tolerance and some don't.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2019, 6:58 am

i turn white when i get the needle. i can't even stand the sight of a needle going into flesh, the way it grotesquely puckers the skin around the poke point before it goes through. and the metallic splintery feels as it goes in. yuck. :eew:

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2019, 7:01 am

auntblabby wrote:
i turn white when i get the needle. i can't even stand the sight of a needle going into flesh, the way it grotesquely puckers the skin around the poke point before it goes through. and the metallic splintery feels as it goes in. yuck. :eew:

I donate plasma all the time, so I'm used to it. I still hate that initial poke though. They use big needles that hurt. :lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2019, 7:13 am

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I donate plasma all the time, so I'm used to it. I still hate that initial poke though. They use big needles that hurt. :lol:

that's 'cause they're in a hurry, in and out. in the army they poked me with an 18 ga. OUCH!! :x bastards.