Why are some names bolded/red but others not?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 12:08 am

I've noticed that on the forums page, when looking at the threads created and latest post, some people's names are bolded while most are not, and when you click the profiles, the bolded usernames show up in red while the non-bolded usernames show up in the standard black.

I'd assumed this must be because they've been on this site for a certain length of time, or because they reached a certain amount of posts, but then I've seen older accounts with more posts whose names aren't bolded in the forums section. This has piqued my curiosity.

Edit: Now I'm noticing that all of the bolded accounts seem to have been created in 2012-2014 (excluding mods), where the non-bolded accounts were made before or after that period

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 6:09 am

Members who have red user names are vampires

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 9:19 am

Those red posts are Russian trolls :D

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 7:36 am

I paid for mine. Was for a limited time only. Looks like I wasted my money though since I am both a vampire and a Russian troll.

SilentJessica
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Jul 2019, 12:17 am

I’ve always wondered about this. Did people donate to the forum and for donating, they were given a bold/red username?

AQ: 40
RAADS-R: 149

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2019, 1:33 am

SilentJessica wrote:
I’ve always wondered about this. Did people donate to the forum and for donating, they were given a bold/red username?

No. As someone observed above those who have it registered during a certain timeframe. It's basically just a fluke. There was a major update of the WP format not long after I joined and that's probably what caused it.

There are members with pretty old accounts that have a little logo under their user name that says "WP Supporter" (or something like that). I'm guessing that was given to them because they made a donation