Trump confirms he called off retaliatory Iran attack

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 8:50 am

Trump confirms he called off retaliatory Iran attack ‘10 minutes before the strike

Quote:
President Trump confirmed early Friday that he called off a retaliatory attack on Iran in response to the downing of a U.S. drone “10 minutes before the strike,” saying the number of expected casualties was not "proportionate" to what Tehran did.

In a stunning tweet thread, the president said the U.S. was "cocked & loaded to retaliate" against three sites, but he reversed course after asking military leaders about how many would be killed.

"... I asked, how many will die. 150 people, sir, was the answer from a General. 10 minutes before the strike I stopped it, not ... proportionate to shooting down an unmanned drone. I am in no hurry, our Military is rebuilt, new, and ready to go, by far the best in the world," Trump said. "Sanctions are biting & more added last night. Iran can NEVER have Nuclear Weapons, not against the USA, and not against the WORLD!"

A source had confirmed to Fox News earlier Friday morning that the administration made a last-minute decision to call off the retaliatory strikes against Iran. But until Trump's tweets, few details about the aborted mission and the circumstances that led to the reversal were publicly available. And it remained unclear Friday whether strike plans have been definitively shelved.

Multiple news outlets, including The New York Times, Washington Post and Associated Press, had reported similar accounts of strikes being called off late Thursday — citing unnamed sources. These reports portray a mission that would have targeted Iranian missile batteries and radars.

No shots were fired and no missiles were launched, according to the AP.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 8:56 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Iran can NEVER have Nuclear Weapons, not against the USA, and not against the WORLD!"

Because the World belongs to US!

The Spades teach us to conquer all we claim.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 9:11 am

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Iran can NEVER have Nuclear Weapons, not against the USA, and not against the WORLD!"

Because the World belongs to US!

I've heard Iran is pretty big on terrorism and have been caught multiple times planning terrorist attacks on may different countries. If trure, it would be like handing a machine gun to a guy who just got out of prison for killing a lot of people. I don’t know a great deal about foreign but I can state that we don't need to keep starting wars, a lot of people seem to agree with that. I know many corrupt individuals would love to go to war, had hillary got elected, she would most definitely had decided to strike so her and her friends would get paid big through donations to the Clinton foundation.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 9:18 am

Dems yesterday: "Trump's an insane madman who will start a big war!!"

Dems today: "Trump's a little sissy who's afraid to start a big war!!"

:roll:

There Are Four Lights!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 9:18 am

I feel that the fact that Iran (perhaps) attacked our ships is a little more concerning.

I believe we have to have SOME SORT of response to this. Whether diplomatic, or otherwise.

I don't care if Trump is President, or Clinton is President, or Joe Blow is President.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 9:26 am

What if the American government is lying to us again just to drag us into another BS war? Just like they did with Veitnam and Iraq? I don't trust those guys. :roll:

And for the record I'm GLAD Trump decided not to attack Iran, but it will NOT stop there. You'll all see!

It's just gonna be another BS American conflict that will claim many lives all in the name of stealing resources protecting freedom.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

I'm sorry if I'm the only one who sees this s**t for what it really is. :shrug:

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 9:51 am

What ships of ours did Iran attack? I only know of to incidents, Japanese oil tanker attack and they shot down a drone of ours. There will be a price paid, no right to have nukes. I heard a brief interview about it with Trump, he said as for the drone, it wasn't an action by the Iran government , it was an individual. Of course Iran would not want to start a war with the US, they would be crushed, so what Trump said seems pretty legit. They would be stupid to invite bombers to their country in a war they have no chance of winning. Keep in mind we have corrupt individuals, lobbyists and officials always just itching to get us in a war.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 9:53 am

There's evidence, apparently, that Iran planted mines on various ships in the Persian Gulf.

If it isn't true.....then no response is needed from us.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 10:05 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
There's evidence, apparently, that Iran planted mines on various ships in the Persian Gulf.

The little I know about that story, about the attack on two Japanese oil tankers is, they claimed it was Iranian planted mines. There are fishy inconsistencies already. The people aboard the ship claimed they saw flying objects around the ship, also the damage sowed the attack came from above, seems like it was possibly a drone attack. Then to add, how does Iranian's plant mines on oil tankers comming from Japan? Sounds like someone is trying a red-flag attack to start a war.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 10:07 am

Darmok wrote:
Dems yesterday: "Trump's an insane madman who will start a big war!!"

Dems today: "Trump's a little sissy who's afraid to start a big war!!"

:roll:

From what I have noticed it is the outed neo cons that want to “bomb bomb bomb bomb Iran” not the Dems.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 10:09 am

There was a song when I was young called "One Tin Soldier".

"One Tin Soldier" tells the story of two neighboring tribes, the warlike Valley People and the peaceful Mountain Kingdom which possesses a great treasure buried under a stone. The Valley People demand the treasure. The Mountain People respond that they will share it with "their brothers", but the Valley People invade and slaughter the Mountain People. On overturning the stone, they find nothing except the words "Peace On Earth" inscribed beneath it.

Although some view this song as an antiwar song. I view it quite differently. I view it through an Aspie lens. When I was young I endured significant bullying bordering on torture. I was a nice guy and wouldn't harm a fly. But it made no difference that I just wanted to be left alone in peace. The fact that I was passive drove flames of hate into their eyes and infuriated the bullies even more so. It set their hearts on fire.

So just wanting "peace on earth" does not guarantee peace. Rather quite the opposite. If the mountain people had been willing to fight, they might not have been slaughtered. Sometimes you must be willing to wage war in order to protect peace. Just like for an Aspie, sometimes you need to be willing to fight back, in order to be left alone by bullies.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 10:18 am

Crimadella wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

The little I know about that story, about the attack on two Japanese oil tankers is, they claimed it was Iranian planted mines. There are fishy inconsistencies already. The people aboard the ship claimed they saw flying objects around the ship, also the damage sowed the attack came from above, seems like it was possibly a drone attack. Then to add, how does Iranian's plant mines on oil tankers comming from Japan? Sounds like someone is trying a red-flag attack to start a war.

Now that I think about it, perhaps that is why someone shot down our drone, fearing that people within the US were going to "try again" with another drone attack? Just a theory of why they would fear yet another drone.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 10:20 am

jimmy m wrote:
There was a song when I was young called "One Tin Soldier".

"One Tin Soldier" tells the story of two neighboring tribes, the warlike Valley People and the peaceful Mountain Kingdom which possesses a great treasure buried under a stone. The Valley People demand the treasure. The Mountain People respond that they will share it with "their brothers", but the Valley People invade and slaughter the Mountain People. On overturning the stone, they find nothing except the words "Peace On Earth" inscribed beneath it.

Although some view this song as an antiwar song. I view it quite differently. I view it through an Aspie lens. When I was young I endured significant bullying bordering on torture. I was a nice guy and wouldn't harm a fly. But it made no difference that I just wanted to be left alone in peace. The fact that I was passive drove flames of hate into their eyes and infuriated the bullies even more so. It set their hearts on fire.

So just wanting "peace on earth" does not guarantee peace. Rather quite the opposite. If the mountain people had been willing to fight, they might not have been slaughtered. Sometimes you must be willing to wage war in order to protect peace. Just like for an Aspie, sometimes you need to be willing to fight back, in order to be left alone by bullies.

And who is the real bully in this case? Iran or America?

After all we're the ones talking about invading their soil just like those 'Mountain People'. America loves to bully third world countries like Veitnam and Iraq. And they always come up with a lie to exploit our paranoia and convince people they were "doing the right thing".

I think you're right though, everyone should learn to defend themselves from bullies. Bullies suck.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 10:43 am

Maybe my emotions are just getting to me again. I don't want to see people killed over this. But when... errr 'if' we go to war with Iran blood will spill regardless. :shrug:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 10:44 am

I don't see a war with Iran in our immediate future. I think Trump is just trying to be a macho man.

He'll probably come up with a nickname for the President of Iran soon.

Like "Rocket Man" for the North Korean leader.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 11:09 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I don't see a war with Iran in our immediate future. I think Trump is just trying to be a macho man.

He'll probably come up with a nickname for the President of Iran soon.

Like "Rocket Man" for the North Korean leader.

Trump's nickname should be "The Dotard" or "Trump The Dump".

And I don't want a war to happen with Iran, buuut...

I'm glad I'm not back in high school having to put up with right-wing teachers and classmates force feeding us bs about how we need to support any stupid decision Trump makes or else.

I went through years of that in high school when George W. Bush was president. :roll: