Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

rhoades24
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Jun 2019, 12:46 pm

I hate socializing, but I am needing to get laid so I guess I'd have to do this for a while until I can't endure it anymore.

In other people's experiences, what drugs are best for socializing. Something that eliminates anxiety significantly or almost completely, but without sedating you too heavily. A little sedation is okay, but not to the point of barely able to interact let alone find my way home.

I'm open to new prescribed medication ideas as I can request them from a psychiatrist and possibly get it.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2019, 1:54 am

None. Anti anxiety drugs usually have a sedative effect and in my experience even mild sedation causes one to be less outgoing. On those drugs I was happy to sit in any social situation and not interact with people. A little anxiety can be motivating once your fear of being alone is greater than your fear of people.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

24 Jun 2019, 2:29 am

In my culture (and many other, AFAIK), there is a substance that helps with socializing... shouldn't be taken together with most psychiatric drugs, though :( and poses a risk of problematic addiction.
C2H5OH

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2019, 8:31 am

There are no drugs that are good for socializing.

If all you want is to "get laid", then you are better off to hire a professional sex worker.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2019, 8:40 am

Fnord wrote:
There are no drugs that are good for socializing.

If all you want is to "get laid", then you are better off to hire a professional sex worker.

^ This

Dude, buy a condom and hire a prostitute. There's no games and you won't get addicted.

I'm not trying to be ugly, you are playing with fire.

I know you aren't me. But take it from an ADHD/AS/ASD/Addict person, our ND brains do not make it easy to get off drugs. All sensory stimuli is heightened, as well as the usual withdrawal miseries. Add any repetitive behaviors or OCD tendencies to the mix and you'll be playing on a loop for years.

Have a glass of wine, occasionally. Not daily... It's better for you and you can look forward to relaxation once in a while.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

24 Jun 2019, 8:47 am

Oh, I missed the part that you need socializing just for the one purpose.
Yeah, better pay for it.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2019, 8:50 am

I'd rather "lay" myself than "get laid" with somebody I feel nothing emotional for.....

Forget about "drugs for socializing." They land you in Rehab......

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2019, 5:06 pm

I'm starting to wonder if I'm being trolled. I won't go so far as to call a person a troll, in a forum where I'm new, but this is weird.

The only time I've ever witnessed members asking point blank questions regarding drugs was in a drug forum where everyone was a dope head. And this reminds me of those type questions, when I was a dope head.

If I'm wrong, I humbly apologize. It's been my experience that there is really no chemical solution (narcotic) to a mental problem. Maybe a broken arm, surgery, loss of a family member, etc... But the everyday uncomfortabilities I face will only be made worse with drugs.

I thank God everyday for almost 6 years that that life is behind me.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2019, 5:09 pm

Do NOT destroy your brain for the sake of copulation. Almost any alternative would be better for you.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2019, 5:09 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
I'm starting to wonder if I'm being trolled. I won't go so far as to call a person a troll, in a forum where I'm new, but this is weird...
I'm sure the moderators are already keeping an eye on the OP, but if you think you should report him, use the 'Report' button in any of his posts. All of the mods see the same reports, and if there is a consensus, his case will be acted upon.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2019, 7:20 pm

Fnord wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
I'm starting to wonder if I'm being trolled. I won't go so far as to call a person a troll, in a forum where I'm new, but this is weird...
I'm sure the moderators are already keeping an eye on the OP, but if you think you should report him, use the 'Report' button in any of his posts. All of the mods see the same reports, and if there is a consensus, his case will be acted upon.

The internet took a strong stance against online drug seeking and shut down those sites. But posts like these serve more than one purpose, they let other members know who's 'holding.' So far, this guy has mentioned that he's on Suboxone in another thread, now he's letting us know that if we mention the name of a drug, he can get it from his psychiatrist.

Maybe it's the old addict in me that reads too much into this stuff, but it's enough to make me wonder. I'm not gonna rat this guy out by reporting him, but two threads about drugs in one week is odd. That's all I'm going to say.

Dan82
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Jun 2019, 3:14 am

I read it as the guy was just trying to get suggestions of what to talk to his psychiatrist about.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2019, 4:41 pm

Prometheus18 wrote:
Do NOT destroy your brain for the sake of copulation. Almost any alternative would be better for you.

You'd need to really over do it with drugs to 'destroy your brain', unless you're exaggerating or understand you're redefining 'destroy' to the point of removing the word's actual meaning.

As for OP:
MDMA is well-suited for socializing.
Ethanol is legendary for it's long history of use for socializing, but it's less suitable than MDMA.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2019, 4:42 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
Maybe it's the old addict in me that reads too much into this stuff, but it's enough to make me wonder. I'm not gonna rat this guy out by reporting him, but two threads about drugs in one week is odd. That's all I'm going to say.

It's almost like he does drugs or something. :lol:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

blackomen
Toucan
Toucan

03 Jul 2019, 7:07 pm

L-theanine

It was my staple back when I still had social anxiety. And it's legal, at least in the US.