Who's Your Dream Smash Bros. Character?

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

lucgn01
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Jun 2019, 1:12 am

For me, it would definitely be Starfy. I know that he's already an assist trophy, but it would still be a dream come true! It mainly comes down to nostalgia, if I'm being honest; The Legendary Starfy was one of the first DS games that I've ever played, but he also has a lot of potential regarding his moveset and his series' representation.

coalminer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Jun 2019, 1:59 am

For first party characters, Skull Kid from Zelda. The Zelda roster in smash has been basically the same since Melee, and Majora's Mask (my favorite game) doesn't have much representation. They COULD"VE made Young Link the representative, but he's pretty much entirely devoted to Ocarina of Time (which is a waste, because Ganondorf and Sheik already represent it). Skull Kid might not have an immediately obvious move set, but he could definitely work. And it really sucks that, as an assist trophy, he doesn't even do the thing he's known for doing, that being bringing down the moon. They didn't need to be separate assists.

For third parties, Bomberman. I just really love the series. When he was revealed as an assist trophy at e3 last year, I understood how Waluigi fans feel.

As for characters that could feasibly be DLC for Ultimate... the one that comes to mind first is Frisk from Undertale. I've actually never played it, but Smash really needs some substantial indie representation, and Undertale is a very popular one. Although, it would be really weird to see those characters in modeled form instead of sprites. I wonder if they would even look pleasing.

Obviously, there are plenty of others, but those are the ones that stand out most.

StayFrosty
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2019, 12:20 am

Well, Banjo Kazooie is coming to Smash Ultimate in the fall. He hasn't been in a game in over a decade. Bomberman would be cool as a playable character.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2019, 9:20 am

I'd like Rayman in Smash.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Banjo54
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Jul 2019, 9:12 pm

There's a ton of characters that I would personally want in Smash.

Out of realistic characters:
- Bandana Waddle Dee and Marx from Kirby
- Porky from Earthbound
- Lyn from Fire Emblem
- Doc Louis from Punch-Out
- Any Fossil Fighters protagonist
- Steve from Minecraft
- Phoenix Wright from Ace Attorney

There's other third parties that I would love to be added, but almost all of them are extremely unlikely choices. Unlikely to the point of being impossible. Characters like Gordon Freeman from Half-Life, Frisk from Undertale, and Monika from Doki Doki Literature Club...

coalminer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Jul 2019, 10:44 pm

Banjo54 wrote:
There's a ton of characters that I would personally want in Smash.

Out of realistic characters:
- Bandana Waddle Dee and Marx from Kirby
- Porky from Earthbound
- Lyn from Fire Emblem
- Doc Louis from Punch-Out
- Any Fossil Fighters protagonist
- Steve from Minecraft
- Phoenix Wright from Ace Attorney

There's other third parties that I would love to be added, but almost all of them are extremely unlikely choices. Unlikely to the point of being impossible. Characters like Gordon Freeman from Half-Life, Frisk from Undertale, and Monika from Doki Doki Literature Club...

I think Frisk has a decent chance. At the game awards last year, Reggie (former president of Nintendo America) said that Nintendo is only considering big-name third-party characters for the dlc. Undertale was ported to the Switch, and Nintendo seems to be aware of how popular it is. I've heard it's found a strong audience in Japan as well. People always (jokingly) suggest that Sans should be playable, but Frisk makes more sense since they're the player's character, and they probably have more moveset potential. Sans could be a good echo fighter, though.

I'd say the most likely characters are, in no particular order:

-Frisk (Undertale)
-Steve (Minecraft)
-Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)
-Quote (Cave Story)
-Fortnighter (Fortnight)
-Doomslayer (Doom)
-Either Amitie or Arle + Carbuncle (Puyo Puyo)
-Ryu (Ninja Gaiden)
-Commander Video (Bit.Trip)
-Crash (Crash Bandicoot)

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 6:34 am

Lyn from Fire Emblem would be great, so we could get a non-western sword user
Jeff or Poo from Earthbound would also be great. I'd love to see that series get representation that isn't just a Ness clone
Skull Kid, Vaati, or Ghirahim would be good additions from LoZ
Hell, if we have Cloud and the Dragon Quest hero, why not Crono from Chrono Trigger?
And last but not least, please, please let my boy Waluigi into Smash. Has he not been left out long enough?

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides

mawilegirl
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Jul 2019, 9:05 pm

Shantae

Level 2 ASD diagnosed

DLwarriorgoddess
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Jul 2019, 7:00 pm

For me is have to be Raz from Psychonaunts.

StayFrosty
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2019, 2:30 pm

ShovelKnight would be a cool addition.

enz
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2019, 6:50 pm

Blastoise and Knuckles

Zakatar
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2019, 12:46 am

Waluigi.

#palestinianlivesmatter

Dimples123
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Sep 2019, 7:08 pm

If Ryu Hayabusa and a Contra Rep (they can be an assist trophy) gets into Smash it would be perfect and have all the big NES games.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2019, 9:00 pm

Reimu from Touhou Project would be neat, plus she's already been in a bunch of fighting games. They'd have all the template for her moveset already in place.

Lukario
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2022, 9:01 am

My friend L-O-V-E-S the Joker from Persona (Shin Migami Tensei?) but for me It's a tie between Sephiroth, Cloud and Sora

usagibryan
Toucan
Toucan

09 Dec 2022, 11:54 am

GENO PLEASE

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"