She just wants to be friends 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
She isnt sure either way 50%  50%  [ 3 ]
We are wasting time 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 6

kingem125
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Jun 2019, 6:21 am

So I met a girl at work who was amazing were were friends for a few months and I dated another girl for like 3 months then we finally dated a month after my breakup. I took her out on a nice steakhouse dinner and drinks type date. I gave her chocolates and flowers and it felt like a scene out of a romantic movie, from running in the rain back to my car holding hands to kissing and holding each other after. She's as beautiful inside as she is out. She made me so happy and I her. We casually dated for a few months until I got moved from my area at work. Then she thought I was hitting on this other woman i was working with which wasn't true. We just would have friendly conversation and nothing else had changed on my end. she also didn't know at first that our old supervisior was hitting on her until he said some uncalled for things to her and she got him moved. I expressed that I was uncomfortable with how he was acting twords herb and she origionally said that nothing was going on and that she didn't know why I was being weird / mean about him and that he was just harmless and friendly. We didn't talk for like 3 weeks after this. Then she approached me one day apologizing about it.
We then started talking but it felt like we may as well have just been friends until one day I mentioned going to a concert and that my friend who I bought a ticket for, for his birthday was sick and he couldn't go. She said that she wanted to go along and I said I'd pick her up. I then asked her about "us" on the way and she told me that she liked me and was just hurt in previous relationships. that she didn't want me to turn out like other men, who had girls on the side. I told her that I wouldn't play around and mess things up like that since she was unlike any other girl I had met in only the best of ways. She told me she still had feelings and that I made her happy, and that she enjoyed spending time with me. She said that she really wanted to spend time with me and that she was deeply sorry about how she acted. She also told me that I had made her feel better when she was going through a rough time like no one else ever had and that the first date made her fall so hard for me. I told that I still cared about her deeply, that she made me happy, that i enjoyed spending time with her and all and that I wouldn't mind dating her again, I'm just not ready to rush it. This being because part of me feels like I'm not ready despite having deep feelings, I want to pay off my car and buy a house both of which I'm super close to doing, so that I feel like I'm really worthy of her time and that I have more to offer Plus living with your sister to me seems kind of embarrassing to me. I also didnt aay this but don't wanna feel like I have to go out every weekend and feel bad if something were to come up and i had to cancle plus it saves me money no offence to her. She said that she needed time to think about being "official again" due to her studying for her batchlers degree and taking classes twice a week. On this date We held hands and did the typical boyfriend girlfriend stuff it was like we might as well have been "official again" except we aren't. I have since hung out with her in group settings a bit as she has told me she is friends with alot of my friends after enviting het out with my group to go to a bar after work on fridays or at cook outs on saturdays or what ever that first time. Also I have went to one other concert with her and a music festival as of reciently. It's not like we hang out every weekend but like 1 to 2 times a month. We always act like we may as well be "official" yet we aren't nore do we say we are, we just say that we are "friends", (well she does if anyone asks). We have been having occasional sex too. Especially at this music festival. when we have sex it's like time stops and everything else fades away.. it's sex I couldn't have with anyone else but her. I have had lots of sex with other women but not like this at all. She cries, as she puts it "tears of overwhelming happiness". I also told her the last time i saw her a few days ago if she finds someone else just go but she told me she isnt interested in being serious right now nore does she have the time and that she feels like she may never find someone else who would be as sweet as me and that she just isn't sure about us just yet. I said that I just dont wanna rush things and that I feel like I don't want to waste my time with other women because they are no good for me and play games. I also said that I want to wait and be very sure it's the right decision as I want to not feel like I'm wasting her time and that I wouldn't mind spending time with her again.

She did say she possibly wanted to hang out again in the future but we just saw each other at this music festival like 4 days ago.

SO.....

Should I wait if I'm not ready yet or is this what taking it slow really is? Also how do I know I can trust her after her past actions?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

23 Jun 2019, 10:00 am

I think she's somewhat afraid/cautious & isn't ready to take a risk but she really likes you. It seems like neither of you are ready to get serious witch each other cuz of trust issues & you both have things in life you want to focus on rite now. I think you should take things slow & go at the pace your both comfortable with. Good communication about what you both want & your boundaries is key which it sounds like you've both been doing. You also shouldn't date any other girls in the meantime cuz she may get upset & quit being friends with you.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2019, 10:21 am

This is a serious case of overthinking. You should take things moment to moment and avoid serious topics about your relationship. She probably wants to enjoy her life and has found she can make you part of that objective. I think there's an excellent possibility you and she will become "official" but at this point you're going to have to just be patient. Ironically your behavior seems more typical of women. You really enjoy being with her but can't manage to just enjoy the ride. Many women have fumbled relationships because they couldn't simply enjoy a less than fully committed relationship and pressured the guy to commit. Whereas they probably would have stayed together indefinitely had she only been willing to give the guy enough space to make up his mind.

nick007 wrote:
You also shouldn't date any other girls in the meantime
@nick007 is absolutely right. Even if you should suspect she has cheated on you, don't try to get even. Be there for her, at least until she breaks things off.

kingem125
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Jun 2019, 8:36 pm

Thanks guys... it's just I've been in relationships that seem ok then the chick goes off the deep end that's why I guess I'm afraid because I feel like if I mess this up it could be messy as F I just dont want to mess things up right now when I have a good career good benefits, a cool occasional side job working for bands in town and a girl who makes me feel like I matter. I feel since I was always told I was no good and trash as a child by my dad and my mother being very harsh in me due to her anxiety and my dads anger issues, narcissism and possible autism.

It's hard but I just still don't feel good enough until my life is at a new milestone so I feel like a real man that has stuff to provide her such as a house and no debt or what ever for me to have looming in the back of my head such as a car payment.

Sorry for being a little bit redundant.