I love our pro-choice government. :roll:

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2019, 8:25 pm

Magneto wrote:
...Of Mentally Disabled Woman

I love our pro-choice government. :roll:

Forcing her to have an abortion is not "pro choice," and I don't see any justification for it given that the woman's mother is willing to care for the child.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2019, 3:32 am

More like "pro against women's rights" than "pro choice." Pro choice is about letting the woman make a choice, and since the woman wanted to let the pregnancy proceed yet wasn't allowed to, that means her choice wasn't listened. In other words, the opposite of "pro choice."

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2019, 5:07 am

Where is the father?

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2019, 5:32 am

Fireblossom wrote:
More like "pro against women's rights" than "pro choice." Pro choice is about letting the woman make a choice, and since the woman wanted to let the pregnancy proceed yet wasn't allowed to, that means her choice wasn't listened. In other words, the opposite of "pro choice."

Is there any doubt remaining that in many cases, it's "pro-abortion", not "pro-choice"?

What happened here was rotten and criminal.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

24 Jun 2019, 9:48 am

Why chose between pro-choice and pro-life if you can have neither? :twisted:

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2019, 10:04 am

In my personal opinion, the simple truth is people could be reserved on sexual encounters and understand that the process creates babies, so don't do it unless you are prepared to raise a baby, and make sure you are in a position of your life where you are actually prepared to do so, like being married and being able to send your child(ren) to good schools to help ensure they will grow up to be successful. It's sad that I'd people just did that and had a stay at home parent, mom or father, that part doesn’t mater, most of our problems with poverty and crime would fade away. Just encase someone tries to spin that as negative, I'm speaking to both sexes not just women. That's just wishful thinking though, but imagine how much that would actually fix in society, if all children had two parent homes and those parents were sitting well as for parenting skills and being able to provide for their young.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2019, 10:19 am

Prometheus18 wrote:
Fireblossom wrote:

Is there any doubt remaining that in many cases, it's "pro-abortion", not "pro-choice"?

Well people who are pro-choice generally don't support forced abortions.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2019, 11:00 am

Prometheus18 wrote:
Fireblossom wrote:

This is why I say pro- or anti-abortion, rather than pro-choice or pro-ife.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2019, 3:58 am

father?...

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2019, 1:27 am

That UK judge has a heart of coal.

BaronHarkonnen85
Toucan
Toucan

30 Jun 2019, 9:33 pm

'abort'

No, the term is murder. The judge is ordering the murder of the child.

This is why the idea of sanctity of life is important. Throw it away and all hell breaks loose.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2019, 8:27 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Prometheus18 wrote:
Fireblossom wrote:

Agreed, most people who are pro-choice are NOT pro-abortion. I don't know anyone in real life who thinks abortion is a "good" thing, only that it shouldn't be the government's business. And if it shouldn't be the government's business, then the government most certainly should not be forcing one.

I do, however, know that some parts of the world are tipping too far into territory where it can be believed that abortion is actually the more ethical thing to do in certain situations. If there has been any good to the continuous tension in the US about the issue, it would be that such thinking really isn't gaining traction here.

In the Netherlands, where abortion is legal, abortion rates are actually lower than in many countries where it is illegal. I think there is something to be learned from that. I would like abortion to be as non-existent as possible, but ideally keep the government out of it. The situations I've known of are just far too complex for rules and regulations.

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2019, 9:18 am

Can’t help but notice that the grandma in this story is a Christian Nigerian, so likely to be an Igbo.

There are a lot of people with Igbo ancestry here in my area of the US. They were renown during the slave trade as fierce, intelligent, superior warriors. Very hard to enslave, but the best of all people if their captors could somehow convince them to stop fighting. Igbo people in the US and surrounding territories frequently rose to become key tradesmen and powerful black leaders, or were killed trying.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igbo_people_in_the_Atlantic_slave_trade#United_States

The UK government does not realize who they are dealing with.

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2019, 1:21 pm

BaronHarkonnen85 wrote:
'abort'

No, the term is murder. The judge is ordering the murder of the child.

This is why the idea of sanctity of life is important. Throw it away and all hell breaks loose.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 1:12 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Prometheus18 wrote:
Fireblossom wrote:

Agreed, most people who are pro-choice are NOT pro-abortion. I don't know anyone in real life who thinks abortion is a "good" thing, only that it shouldn't be the government's business. And if it shouldn't be the government's business, then the government most certainly should not be forcing one.

I do, however, know that some parts of the world are tipping too far into territory where it can be believed that abortion is actually the more ethical thing to do in certain situations. If there has been any good to the continuous tension in the US about the issue, it would be that such thinking really isn't gaining traction here.

In the Netherlands, where abortion is legal, abortion rates are actually lower than in many countries where it is illegal. I think there is something to be learned from that. I would like abortion to be as non-existent as possible, but ideally keep the government out of it. The situations I've known of are just far too complex for rules and regulations.

This. Also, plenty of abortions could be prevented by giving people better sex education. I think that people who are strictly against abortions should focus on preventing situations where abortion is considered the best choice instead of attacking people who already need one.